- Get exclusive Star Wars Celebration VI “GALACTIC PASSPORT” and collect one-of-a-kind stamps from us and Star Wars publishers DK, Workman, Del Rey, and Scholastic.
- Check our schedule for SIGNINGS, PANELS, and SPECIAL EVENTS.
- Spin the Dark Horse PRIZE WHEEL for a chance to win an Alex Ross Star Wars print, a Dawn of the Jedi patch, an exclusive Celebration VI button pack, or Star Wars comics—either in print or digital.
- Take your PICTURE with some of our Star Wars cosplayer friends and in front of our awesome Star Wars art! Send a twitpic to @darkhorsecomics or post it on http://www.facebook.com/darkhorsecomics!
- Check out our STORMTROOPER HELMET illustrated by Chris Scalf. We’ll be auctioning it off on eBay for the Make-a-Wish Foundation in honor of the 501st Legion.
- Check out Star Wars comics in the DARK HORSE STORE, brought to you by TATE’S COMICS of Lauderhill, Florida!
THURSDAY, AUGUST 23, 2012
1:30—2:30 p.m. Dark Horse Comics Looks Ahead: 2013, Behind the Scenes Stage (W414 ABCD)
See what’s on the Star Wars horizon at Dark Horse with John Jackson Miller, Jan Duursema, Doug Wheatley, Dave Marshall, and Randy Stradley. Hosted by Pablo Hidalgo.
Canceled – 2:00—3:00 p.m. Signing with artist Chris Scalf – FREE Star Wars: Blood Ties—Boba Fett Is Dead mini-print (while supplies last), Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
3:00—4:00 p.m. Signing with Dave Filoni, Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
5:00—6:00 p.m. Drawing Aliens with Doug Wheatley, Family Room
FRIDAY, AUGUST 24, 2012
11:30 a.m.—Noon Signing with artist Dave Dorman – FREE Darth Maul: Death Sentence mini-print (while supplies last), Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
Noon—1:00 p.m. Signing with writer Brian Wood – FREE Alex Ross Star Wars print featuring the premier cover of Star Wars, a series which will take place during the three-year span between Star Wars: A New Hope and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (while supplies last), Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
1:00—2:00 p.m. Signing with writer Randy Stradley and artist Doug Wheatley – FREE Star Wars: Dark Times mini-print (while supplies last), Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
3:00—5:00 p.m. Celebration VI Costume Masquerade, Celebration Stage (Chapin Theater)
Costuming is an art form, and quite possibly no group takes that art form higher than Star Wars fans. With judge Randy Stradley, long-time Star Wars comics writer, editor, and Pith Lord!
4:00—5:00 p.m. Signing with artist Jan Duursema – FREE Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi mini-print (while supplies last), Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
5:00—6:00 p.m. Signing with writer John Jackson Miller and letterer Michael Heisler—FREE Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith mini-print (while supplies last), Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
7:00—8:00 p.m. One Writer’s Approach to Star Wars, Star Wars University (W300)
Brian Wood talks about how he’s finding a new take on the core characters of the Original Trilogy Era in the upcoming series from Dark Horse Comics.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 25, 2012
11:00 am—Noon Signing with writer Randy Stradley and artist Doug Wheatley – FREE Star Wars: Dark Times mini-print (while supplies last), Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
Noon—1:00 p.m. Signing with artist Chris Scalf – FREE Star Wars: Blood Ties—Boba Fett Is Dead mini-print (while supplies last), Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
1:30—2:30 p.m. Signing with writer Brian Wood – FREE Alex Ross Star Wars print featuring the premier cover of Star Wars, a series which will take place during the three-year span between Star Wars: A New Hope and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (while supplies last), Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
3:00—5:00 p.m. Celebration VI Costume Masquerade, Celebration Stage (Chapin Theater)
Costuming is an art form, and quite possibly no group takes that art form higher than Star Wars fans. With judge Randy Stradley, long-time Star Wars comics writer, editor, and Pith Lord!
4:00—5:00 p.m. Signing with Jeffrey Brown, author and illustrator of Darth Vader and Son published by Chronicle Books
5:00—6:00 p.m. Drawing with Jan Duursema, Family Room
SUNDAY, AUGUST 26, 2012
10:30—11:30 a.m. Creating Comics for the Star Wars Galaxy—Writers and Editors Roundtable Discussion, Star Wars University (W300)
A Writers’ Roundtable Discussion with John Jackson Miller, Jan Duursema, Dave Marshall, and Randy Stradley of Dark Horse Comics.
11:30 am – 1:30 pm Celebration VI Star Wars Tattoo Show, Digital Stage (W415 A)
It just wouldn’t be Celebration without the Star Wars tattoo show and competition, a tradition since 2005. Be amazed by the best Star Wars tattoos in different categories, and see how your ratings compare with the judges, one of whom is Dark Horse Comics’ very own Pith Lord Randy Stradley.
12:30 – 1:30 pm Signing with artist Jan Duursema – FREE Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi mini-print (while supplies last), Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
2:30 – 3:30 pm Signing with writer John Jackson Miller—FREE Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith mini-print (while supplies last), Dark Horse Comics (Booth 839)
via Dark Horse Press Release
Convention Panels Include Community (Sony Pictures Television), Grimm (Universal Television), “A Conversation with Bryan Fuller” (Universal Television and Gaumont) and Revolution (Warner Bros. Television)
NBC heads to the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con to showcase Revolution, the new drama from Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk and Jon Favreau, returning series Grimm and Community, and Bryan Fuller, executive producer of the upcoming series Hannibal and the upcoming pilot, Mockingbird Lane. With an ambitious slate of interactive activities on and off-site, NBC looks to engage and entertain Comic-Con goers and enthusiasts.
Following are the network’s 2012 San Diego Comic-Con events and initiatives:
CONVENTION PANELS, AUTOGRAPH SIGNINGS AND NBC’S BLOGGER PARTY
- 10:00-11:00AM, Ballroom 20, Convention Center, Community Q&A (Presented by Sony Pictures Television)
NBC’s critically acclaimed series, Community, returns to Comic-Con for an insightful discussion about the series, a look at the casts’ favorite scenes and a tribute to the fans. Stars Joel McHale (The Soup), Alison Brie (Mad Men), Gillian Jacobs (Seeking a Friend for the End of the World), Danny Pudi (Knights of Badassdom) and Yvette Nicole Brown (House, The Office) are confirmed to participate.
- 11:30-12:30PM, Sony Booth #4229, Convention Center, Community Signing (Presented by Sony Pictures Television)
Stars from Community will be available to sign autographs.
Saturday, July 14
- 11:00-12:00PM, Nerd HQ (Block No. 16 Union and Spirits, 344 Seventh Avenue), Grimm Signing (Presented by Universal Television)
- 12:30-1:15PM, Warner Bros. Booth #4545, Convention Center, Revolution Signing (Presented by Warner Bros. Television)
Stars and producers from “Revolution” will be available to sign autographs.
- 1:00-2:00PM, Room: 7AB, Convention Center, A Conversation with Bryan Fuller (Presented by Universal Television and Gaumont)
Join acclaimed television writer/executive producer Bryan Fuller (Heroes), the creative force behind Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me, for a Q&A with fans as he discusses two of his highly anticipated projects, Hannibal and Mockingbird Lane, both at NBC. In the midseason drama Hannibal, one of the most fascinating literary characters comes to life on television for the first time: psychiatrist-turned-serial-killer, Dr. Hannibal Lecter. The upcoming pilot Mockingbird Lane is an imaginative reinvention of the 1960′s comedy The Munsters.
3:00-4:00PM, Room: 6A, Convention Center, Grimm Q&A/Season 2 Preview (Presented by Universal Television)
Grimm, NBC’s supernatural mythology drama, returns to Comic-Con to kick off its second season packed with chills and revelations. Be among the first to get a glimpse of season two and participate in a Q&A session with the cast and producers: David Giuntoli (Turn the Beat Around), Russell Hornsby (Lincoln Heights), Bitsie Tulloch (The Artist), Silas Weir Mitchell (Prison Break), Reggie Lee (The Dark Knight Rises), Sasha Roiz (Caprica) and Bree Turner (The Ugly Truth) and executive producers/writers Jim Kouf (Angel) and David Greenwalt (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), executive producer/director Norberto Barba (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) and executive producers Sean Hayes (Hot In Cleveland) and Todd Milliner (Hot In Cleveland). Produced by Universal Television and Hazy Mills, Grimm returns late summer on NBC and Grimm Season One will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 7, 2012.
In this epic adventure from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Supernatural‘s Eric Kripke, a family struggles to reunite in an American landscape void of power: a world of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters, where every single piece of technology — computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out forever. Join creator/executive producer Eric Kripke and stars Billy Burke (The Twilight Saga), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human) and J.D. Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2) for a screening and Q&A.
7:30-9:30PM, Hard Rock Cafe, NBC’s 3rd Annual Blogger Party
NBC’s annual invitation-only Blogger Party brings together stars and creators from NBC’s new and returning shows to mingle with the digital network.
NBC takes over Gaslamp Square Park (Fifth Avenue and K Street in the Gaslamp District of Downtown San Diego) to bring the ultimate Grimm and Revolution experience to fans.
- Local restaurant Tin Fish (170 Sixth Avenue) will be transformed into the world of Grimm as lush greenery encompasses the building and its surroundings. Guests can “Grimm their skin” and receive creepy Grimm skin carvings applied by professional theatrical makeup artists. Those who tweet photos of their skin carvings with the hashtag #GRIMM will be entered for a chance to win a Season 1 DVD collection signed by the cast.
- Aunt Marie’s vintage Airstream trailer (replica) is coming to Gaslamp Square Park and fans will be treated to a personalized introduction from Nick and Monroe as they take a tour inside and see authentic props from the series including weapons cabinets, maps, the book of Grimm and more. Upon exit fans will receive a limited edition Grimm comic poster.
- From the trailer take a trip through the Grimm forest and visit the Wesen Monuments for a description of which Wesen to look out for in the forest. Receive a Grimm / Revolution bag if you make it out of the forest.
- Revolution takes over the peninsula tip of Gaslamp Square Park with the actual Ferris wheel from the Revolution pilot, and an abandoned car transformed into a garden. Get a Revolution power button pin and a re-usable water bottle on your trip through “Revolution Village.”
NBC DIGITALThis year, NBC.com will once again go behind-the-scenes at Comic-Con to bring videos, photos and interviews to fans unable to attend. From the convention floor, press rooms and Gaslamp Square Park, NBC.com will be on hand to capture and deliver a comprehensive look at all of NBC’s initiatives for SDCC 2012.
NBC also looks to engage fans via various social media platforms with active updates throughout the duration of Comic-Con on NBC.com, Facebook, Tumblr and YouTube, and by live tweeting during the panels. Beginning today, fans may also submit questions for the casts and producers of Grimm and Revolution via Facebook and Twitter.
For schedules, online exclusive content, interactive features and the latest news about NBC at Comic-Con please visit http://www.nbc.com/comic-con.
via NBC Press Release
Warner Bros. Entertainment Announces Comic-Con Autograph Signings for
Nearly 20 Series, Including The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural,
The Vampire Diaries and HBO’s Game of Thrones, Among Others
New This Year: Ticket Drawings and Wristband Distributions to
Begin in the Morning on the Day of Signings in the Sails Pavilion,
Utilizing One Line for All Ticket Drawings for All Signings
Comic-Con and Warner Bros. announced today that the Studio will once again follow the official Comic-Con® International: San Diego ticket distribution system for autograph signings at Comic-Con 2012, with the Con implementing a new procedure for 2012. The Studio will present more than 20 signings at the booth this year, including TV and digital series, as well as motion pictures (see current signing dates below).
- All signings will be held at the Warner Bros. booth, #4545 on the Comic-Con exhibition floor
- For the second straight year, Warner Bros. will distribute wristbands for signings via daily ticket drawings held at the Sails Pavilion inside the San Diego Convention Center, under the long-standing Comic-Con system
NEW FOR THIS YEAR
- For 2012, the following modifications will be in effect for the wristband line procedure:
- All ticket drawings and wristband distributions for all signings will begin in the morning of the day of the specific signing, when the Sails Pavilion opens to attendees. Badged Comic-Con members can begin lining up as soon as the Sails Pavilion area opens to attendees. The ticket drawings will begin at 8:00 a.m. or shortly thereafter.
- All of the drawings for all signings will now take place in one line on the morning of the signing
- Advisory to fans and attendees: Lines will likely be much longer this year, and we appreciate your patience and understanding
“We look forward to Warner Bros.’ participation again at Comic-Con,” said David Glanzer, director of marketing and public relations for Comic-Con International. “The line-up of shows and talent is something we and the fans look forward to each year, and this year’s schedule seems to be the best yet!”
Here’s how it works:
- Fans identify the signing they want to attend
- On the morning of the day of the signing they hope to attend, fans should arrive at the Sails Pavilion floor (between Ballroom 20 and Rooms 6A, 6BCF and 6DE) in the morning
- Ticket distribution for Comic-Con’s random draw will begin when the Sails Pavilion opens to attendees. Badged Comic-Con members can begin lining up as soon as the Sails Pavilion area opens. The ticket drawings will begin at 8:00 a.m. or shortly thereafter.
- A limited number of wristbands will be available for each signing, via Comic-Con’s random draw process
- There will be one line for all drawings and signings. We appreciate your patience!
- The random drawing will determine which fans receive wristbands granting access to each autograph line
- Fans who obtain wristbands should arrive at the Warner Bros. booth 30 minutes before the signing to line up
See below for the current signing dates for TV and digital series. The feature film signings will be announced at a later date.
All signings are at the Warner Bros. booth #4545.
DISCLAIMER: Autograph session information is subject to change. For the most up-to-date signing information, please check for updates at the Warner Bros. Booth (#4545) during Comic-Con or at www.thewb.com/comiccon.
THURSDAY, JULY 12
- MAD Autograph Signing
FRIDAY, JULY 13
- The Big Bang Theory Autograph Signing
- Cult Autograph Signing
- Arrow Autograph Signing
- 666 Park Avenue Autograph Signing
- H+ Autograph Signing
- HBO’s Game of Thrones Autograph Signing
- Childrens Hospital Autograph Signing
- Nikita Autograph Signing
SATURDAY, JULY 14
- Fringe Autograph Signing
- The Following Autograph Signing
- Revolution Autograph Signing
- The Vampire Diaries Autograph Signing
- Person of Interest Autograph Signing
- HBO’s True Blood Autograph Signing
SUNDAY, JULY 15
- Supernatural Autograph Signing
- DC Nation Autograph Signing
via Warner Bros. Press Release
- Autograph session on Fri., Jul. 13 at 10:45AM | 9:45C at Booth #3721
- Panel on Fri, Jul. 13 at 1:25PM | 12:25C in Hall H
- Press round table interviews available on Fri., Jul. 13 at 3PM | 2C
Moderated by Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick, The Walking Dead panelists will discuss what fans can expect in the highly anticipated third season, which debuts in October. Panelists include Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne Callies, Laurie Holden, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Denai Guerrero, David Morrisey, Executive Producer and Showrunner Glen Mazzara, Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Executive Producer Robert Kirkman and Co-Executive Producer and Special Effects Make-up Supervisor Greg Nicotero.
- Panel on Fri., Jul. 13 at 6:45PM | 5:45C in Hall 20
- Autograph session on Sat., Jul. 14 at 10AM | 9C in Booth #4229
- Press round table interviews available on Fri., Jul. 13 at 11:30AM | 9:30C
The Breaking Bad panel, moderated by TV Guide‘s Mike Schneider, will cover the series’ success to date and preview its final season which kicks off Sunday, July 15 at 10/9c. Breaking Bad panelists include Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Jonathan Banks and Creator and Executive Producer Vince Gilligan.
- Kevin Smith’s annual Comic-Con panel on Sat., Jul. 14 at 10PM | 9C in Hall H
In addition, Kevin Smith will discuss the new season of his unscripted series Comic Book Men for which he serves as Executive Producer, during his annual Comic-Con panel.
Space is limited and will be accommodated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
John Cusack, a Chicago native and one of Hollywood’s most accomplished and respected actors of his generation, will appear at this year’s Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2). Mr. Cusack will participate in a Q&A session on Sunday, April 15th and show a trailer for The Raven, his new movie from Relativity starring Mr. Cusack as Edgar Allen Poe. The independent period thriller, which will be released on April 27th, is directed by James McTiegue and tells the fictionalized account of the last days of Poe’s life in which the poet teams up with a young Baltimore detective to hunt down a serial killer who uses Poe’s works as the basis for his murders. Mr. Cusack will also do a limited signing for 100 fans at C2E2.
“I am enormously pleased to share this news about John Cusack’s appearance at C2E2,” notes Lance Fensterman, Group Vice President for ReedPOP and Show Manager for C2E2. “I count myself as a major fan and the fact that he is now coming to C2E2 where he will meet and greet thousands of fans, many of whom share my enthusiasm and admiration for his films, is a perfect highlight. His participation at C2E2 reinforces how great our event has become and I know his appearance will be a huge attraction.”
Some other guests who will be participating in signings or panels at C2E2 include: Neal Adams, Axel Alonso, John Barrowman, Anthony Daniels, Chris Hardwick, Charlaine Harris, Adam Hughes, Stephanie Izard, Tom Morello, and Joe Quesada, to name just a few!
C2E2 will take place April 13 – 15, 2012 in the North Building at the McCormick Place Convention Center. For further information about other guests and activities at C2E2 as well as purchasing tickets, please visit www.C2E2.com.
ABOUT JOHN CUSACK
With an impressive body of work spanning the course of two decades, John Cusack has evolved into one of Hollywood’s most accomplished and respected actors of his generation, garnering both critical acclaim as well as prestigious accolades for his dramatic and comedic roles.
Cusack first gained the attention of audiences by starring in a number of 1980s film classics such as The Sure Thing, Say Anything and Sixteen Candles. Following these roles, Cusack successfully shed his teen-heartthrob image by demonstrating his ability to expand his film repertoire by starring in a wide range of dramas, thrillers and comedies including The Grifters, Eight Men Out, Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, High Fidelity and Grosse Pointe Blank.
This fall, we will see Cusack in Lee Daniels’ highly anticipated drama, The Paperboy. Cusack will star opposite Nicole Kidman, Zac Efron and Matthew McConaughey as Hillary Van Wetter, an inmate on death row.
Most recently, Cusack reunited with Nicolas Cage to film psychological thriller, Frozen Ground, which is scheduled to release in December 2012. In this film, which is based on true events, Cusack takes on the role of serial killer, Robert Hansen.
On April 27th, Cusack will be seen in the independent thriller The Raven where he portrays the infamous author, Edgar Allen Poe. The film, directed by James McTiegue and produced by Marc D. Evans, tells fictionalized account of the last days of Poe’s life, in which the poet is in pursuit of a serial killer whose murders mirror those in the writer’s stories.
Cusack divides his time between Los Angeles and Chicago.
ReedPOP is a boutique group within Reed Exhibitions which is exclusively devoted to organizing events, launching and acquiring new shows, and partnering with premium brands in the pop culture arena. ReedPOP is dedicated to producing celebrations of popular culture throughout the world that transcend ordinary events by providing unique access and dynamic personal experiences for consumers and fans. The ReedPOP portfolio includes: New York Comic Con (NYCC), Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2), Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) East & West, Star Wars Celebration VI, Fantasy Football Fest, and UFC Fan Expo. The staff at ReedPOP is a fan based group of professionals producing shows for other fans, thus making them uniquely qualified to service those with whom they share a common passion. ReedPOP is focused on bringing its expertise and knowledge to world communities in North America, South America, Asia and Europe.
via C2E2 Press Release
The Baltimore Comic-Con is happy to announce the schedule of Autograph and Photo Op Sessions with Guest of Honor Stan Lee taking place this weekend at the show. The show will be held on August 20-21, 2011 at the Baltimore Convention Center.
Saturday, August 20
- 10:30am -11:00am – Photo Op
- 11:00am – 12:30pm – Autograph Session
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Autograph Session
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm – Photo Op
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – Autograph Session
- 4:30pm – 5:00pm – Photo Op
Sunday, August 21
- 10:00am -10:30am – Photo Op
- 10:30am – 12:00pm – Autograph Session
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Photo Op
- 2:00pm – 2:45pm – Autograph Session
3:00pm – 4:00pm – Stan Lee Spotlight – Face Front, True Believers! This is a panel no comics fan will want to miss as Jimmy Palmiotti sits down with the one and only Stan “The Man” Lee! He is a Founding Father of the Marvel Universe and the face of Marvel Comics to legions of fans. Join the writer, editor, actor, and legend as he discusses his illustrious career. Excelsior! (ROOM 307-308)
* all Stan Lee autograph sessions are managed by Desert Wind Comics and all photo ops are managed by Froggy’s Photos. Times and events are subject to change.
In addition, fans can pick up some limited-edition Stan Lee memorabilia at the show this weekend, including: a lithograph by artist J. Scott Campbell; a lithograph by artist Jason Palmer, courtesy of POW! Entertainment; and a collectible pint glass courtesy of Toon Tumblers.
VIP Ticket Holders should report to the Will Call Registration Booth when the convention center opens at approximately 7:00am or whenever they arrive.
VIP Ticket holders will receive priority line access when claiming autograph and photographs so please make sure to get into the special VIP line at the photo and signature booth (#2401). Lithographs and other items will be on sale at this booth.
Full Guest List
A complete list of confirmed guests for this year’s Baltimore Comic-Con can be found here.
Third Annual Costume Contest at the Baltimore Comic-Con – UPDATED
The 3rd Annual Costume Contest will be held on Saturday, August 20, 2011 at 3:00 pm. With $1,000 up for grabs for the best overall costume and prizes for each of the 10 categories, this is one event all of you cosplayers don’t want to miss! For more information and a complete list of catagories, visit our website’s Costume Contest page.
Harvey Tickets Still Available
Time is running out, but there is still an opportunity to attend the party! Join our MC Scott Kurtz, nominees, presenters, Stan Lee, and other fans at the Harvey Awards Banquet! Tickets available until Wednesday at baltimorecomiccon.com/harvey-awards.
Stan Lee VIP Packages Sold Out! Autographs and Photos Still Available!
Please Note: Although the Stan Lee VIP Packages are officially sold out, individual autographs and photographs are still available and can be purchased by visiting http://baltimorecomiccon.com/tickets/.
Save the Date! Baltimore Comic-Con 2012!
That’s right! Mark your calendars now for next year’s Baltimore Comic-Con, which will take place the weekend of September 8-9, 2012 at the Baltimore Convention Center, and we’ll see YOU in Baltimore!
Will you be tweeting this year from the show floor? Make sure you use the #BCC2011 hashtag! See what the latest news and excitement at the 2010 Baltimore Comic-Con is about by tracking #BCC2011!
Attending the Baltimore Comic-Con? Show your support online!
Simply change your social network (Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.) avatar pictures to the “See You in Baltimore!” image and let the world know you’re attending the show!
In coming weeks, look for more announcements from the Baltimore Comic-Con. We are looking forward to highlighting our guests, the Harvey Awards, industry exclusives, and programming. The latest developments can always be found at our website, Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace pages.
This year’s Baltimore Comic-Con will be held August 20-21, 2011. Convention hours are Saturday 10 AM to 6 PM and Sunday 10 AM to 5 PM. The ceremony and banquet for the Harvey Awards will be held Saturday night, August 21st.
Please use the following e-mail addresses to contact the Baltimore Comic-Con:
email@example.com – for any general press inquiries or to be added to our PR distribution
firstname.lastname@example.org – for requesting exhibitor, publisher, and Artist Alley applications
email@example.com – for inquiries about submitted registrations
firstname.lastname@example.org – for communications regarding the Harvey Awards ceremony and banquet
email@example.com – for general Baltimore Comic-Con inquiries
About The Baltimore Comic-Con
The Baltimore Comic-Con is celebrating its 12th year of bringing the comic book industry to the Baltimore and Washington D.C. area. With a guest list unequaled in the industry, the Baltimore Comic-Con will be held August 20-21, 2011. For more information, please visit www.baltimorecomiccon.com.
About The Harvey Awards
The Harvey Awards are one of the comic book industry’s oldest and most respected awards. With a history of over 20 years, the last 6 in conjunction with the Baltimore Comic-Con, the Harveys recognize outstanding achievements in over 20 categories. They are the only industry awards nominated and selected by the full body of comic book professionals. For more information, please visit www.harveyawards.org.
via Press Release
NCIS: LOS ANGELES stars Chris O’Donnell and LL COOL J will make a special appearance at Comic-Con 2011 in a panel discussion with series creator and executive producer Shane Brennan. Other cast members that may participate in the panel include Eric Christian Olsen, Daniela Ruah, Renee Felice Smith, and Barrett Foa. The “Teching Out With NCIS: LA” panel will give fans a behind the scenes look at how the series uses some of the coolest and advanced technology available today, as well as how the cast utilize technology and social media in their own personal lives to connect with their fans. Find out what’s real, what’s not and what’s in store for season 3!
The panel is scheduled for Friday, July 22nd at 7PM in Room 6BCF. Everyone attending the panel will receive a limited collector’s edition NCIS: LOS ANGELES shirt with “Hettyisms,” including: “I sense impending mayhem,” “Oh, bugger!” or “Undercover work is a matter of confidence.”
NCIS: LOS ANGELES, which premieres its third season on Tuesday, September 20 (9:00-10:00PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, is a drama about the high stakes world of the Office of Special Projects (OSP), a division of NCIS that is charged with apprehending dangerous and elusive criminals that pose a threat to the nation’s security. By assuming false identities and utilizing the most advanced technology, this team of highly trained agents goes deep undercover, putting their lives on the line in the field to bring down their targets.
For the latest updates on all things “NCIS: LOS ANGELES,” and behind-the-scenes coverage of Comic-Con 2011, follow us on twitter @NCISLA_CBS and @CBSTVStudios, and follow the cast @LLCoolJ @ChrisOdonnell @BarrettFoa @Ericcolsen @DanielaRuah @ReneefSmith.
With Comic-Con 2011 just a week away, anticipation is at a fever pitch, and things are getting so hot, the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) at Comic-Con will be on fire! (Figuratively, at least.) The Warner Bros. booth is always a must-visit destination for fans, and this year is no exception, with prizes, multiple daily giveaways, autograph signings and more. And, at 3,600 square feet, this will be the biggest Warner Bros. booth ever.
One lucky Con-goer will be driving home from San Diego in style, as the Studio is celebrating Warner Bros. Animation’s new hit animated comedy series The Looney Tunes Show (Tuesdays 8/7c on Cartoon Network) by giving away a Tweety Bird–branded convertible Volkswagen Bug at the Warner Bros. booth!
Here’s the lowdown:
WARNER BROS. BOOTH GRAND PRIZE: YOU COULD WIN A TWEET RIDE
- Visit the Warner Bros. booth #4545 to find out how you could win the Tweety-branded Volkswagen Bug and other special daily prizes.
- The winner of the car will be revealed on Sunday, July 24, at the Warner Bros. booth and will be posted to http://www.thewb.com/comiccon.
MICROSOFT TAGS AND QR CODES
- Throughout Comic-Con, the exterior of the Warner Bros. booth will incorporate a number of Microsoft Tags into its design. Additionally, the T-shirts worn by Warner Bros. both staff will also feature an exclusive Microsoft Tag.
- The Tags will deliver exclusive content and premiums to fans that they can only get at the Warner Bros. booth. The Tags, content and premiums will change every day during Comic-Con, so be sure to visit the booth early — and often!
- And one mystery item will feature a QR code pointing to exclusive content for fans. Be the first to spy this!
- Note: To access the tags and the QR code, fans must use a smartphone equipped with a Microsoft Tag reader and QR code reader.
ACTIVITIES AND GIVEAWAYS
- As always, fans can meet stars and creators from their favorite TV series, home entertainment releases and video games during signings at the booth. Visit http://www.thewb.com/comiccon or follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC) for details about signing times and the new autograph ticket system and wristband procedures.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will once again have a number of video game kiosks in the booth, giving fans the opportunity to play the upcoming Batman: Arkham City and LEGO: Harry Potter Years 5–7 games in advance of their release and get their hands on the all-new action RPG Bastion as it officially launches on July 20.
- Warner Bros. Consumer Products ThunderCats Bandai Display: Fans can get an early look at the hottest toys from the new animated series ThunderCats before they hit stores, as the Warner Bros. booth hosts a preview of Bandai America’s Fall 2011 line. Check out the full line of Lion-O, Cheetara, Tygra, Panthro and Mumm-Ra action figures, the ThunderTank, ThunderRacers, Deluxe Sword of Omens and more!
- Fans will be treated to numerous giveaways at the booth throughout Comic-Con. Must-have items include:
- Limited-edition Looney Tunes buttons from Warner Bros. Consumer Products
- Young Justice playing cards and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Mates monsters from Warner Bros. Animation
- Puzzle cubes from Cartoon Network
- Lt. Jim Gordon replica eyeglasses from Batman: Year One, collectible salt shakers from Supernatural and Supernatural: The Anime Series, and The Vampire Diaries Blood Bag water bottles from Warner Home Video
- Harry Potter pins from Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter
- Fringe luggage tags from Warner Bros. Television
- WB Games scavenger hunt cards redeemable for prize bags that include LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5–7 mini figures and T-shirt, Batman: Arkham City water bottle, Bastion bandana and The Lord of the Rings: War in the North magnet. Also being given away are The Big Bang Theory: Mystic Warlords of Ka’a game cards from WB Games.
- DC Entertainment will hand out copies of DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 #1, which gives attendees a first look at all 52 highly anticipated first issues, including an exclusive preview of JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 by Jim Lee and Geoff Johns. Additionally, QR codes will be handed out in the booth giving Comic-Con attendees access to exclusive new THE NEW 52 behind-the-scenes content.
- And more!
WARNER BROS. BOOTH DESIGN
- Rising 30 feet above the convention floor, the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower anchors the Studio’s 3,600-square-foot booth.
- Designed by Warner Bros. Studio Facilities, the two-story booth will feature a modern, sleek, minimalist look for 2011, with elegant white walls and silver floors.
- Gold frames and mirrors featuring giant portraits of Studio stars will hang high above the booth.
- And, no, your eyes do not deceive! The second floor of booth will be the hottest place at Comic-Con, with a ring of fire surrounding the entire structure.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit http://www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC).
Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Publicity
(818) 954-4855, tammy(dot)golihew(at)warnerbros(dot)com
Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Publicity
(818) 954-7222, tom(dot)mcalister(at)warnerbros(dot)com
via Warner Bros. Press Release
FEARnet, the world’s premier destination for horror, thriller and suspense, announced its FEARnet Road Trip: Comic-Con 2011 presented by BUTTERFINGER® plans today. Events for the 2011 convention include an A-list talent signing, fun giveaways, sneak peeks of upcoming projects, and a special VIP preview event. Comic-Con International will take place in San Diego from July 20-24, 2011.
Comic-Con attendees can visit FEARnet at the Sony Pictures Entertainment Booth (#4229) to receive exciting branded giveaways from FEARnet’s “Twisted Comedy” block featuring “Todd & The Book of Pure Evil” and “Psychoville” premiering on FEARnet’s emerging linear channel on August 2. Among the items debuting at Comic-Con are rocking “Todd” inflatable guitars, creepy “Psychoville” masks, mini posters, and more. FEARnet will also screen clips from the new “Twisted Comedy” block and the upcoming Rob Zombie episode of “Post Mortem with Mick Garris.”
FEARnet and Butterfinger will host a special signing by “Butterfinger the 13th” director Rob Lowe (“Parks and Recreation,” “Brothers & Sisters”) on Friday, July 22 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. at the Sony booth. ”Butterfinger the 13th” is the first-ever comedy-horror film created and produced by one of America’s iconic candy brands. It is set to premiere on Facebook.com/Butterfinger on October 13 and then will be available on FEARnet and Crackle.
FEARnet also will hold an exclusive sneak preview event of the new “Twisted Comedy” block presented by Butterfinger on Thursday, July 21 from 6:00-8:30 p.m. Hosts Jason Mewes (“Mallrats,” “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back”) and Angie Greenup (G4′s “It’s Effin’ Science,” FEARnet’s “Movies with More Brains”) will present exclusive segments and distribute limited-edition, party-exclusive swag. FEARnet super fans attending Comic-Con will have a chance to win tickets to the exclusive event via social media and booth promotions.
Once again, FEARnet will participate in the fifth annual San Diego “Zombie Walk” on Saturday, July 23, between 5:00 and 6:30 p.m. in the Gaslamp District. Fans can drop in for the pre-party at the San Diego House of Blues prior to the walk from 2:30 to 5:00 p.m. for FEARnet and Butterfinger giveaways, and to get “zombified” by award-winning make-up and effects artists. Comedian/host Angie Greenup also will be onsite covering the event and helping to apply make-up to FEARnet fans. Coverage of the “Zombie Walk” will be available at www.FEARnet.com the following week.
Additionally, FEARnet’s most extensive Comic-Con editorial news gathering team to date will bring FEARnet viewers the most up-to-date Comic-Con interviews and information on www.FEARnet.com, FEARnet’s linear channel and on FEARnet’s Facebook and Twitter. Complete Comic-Con coverage will be available at www.FEARnet.com beginning July 18.
Follow FEARnet on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/FEARnet) and like it on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/FEARnet) for all the latest news and updates on horror, thriller and suspense entertainment.