We’re excited to be the first to share with you our exclusive Comic-Con art for Pacific Rim!
For those of you who will be attending San Diego Comic-Con this year, be sure to join director Guillermo del Toro and stars Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day, Rinko Kikuchi and Ron Perlman for a special look at the upcoming film on Saturday, July 14th, in Hall H at 2:30pm: http://bit.ly/LMIUSb. Hope to see you there!
WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS “EXTRA AT COMIC-CON®”
Free Outdoor Entertainment Festival During Comic-Con
Brings Batmobiles, the Extra Stage and More to Fans
For the first time ever, Warner Bros. Entertainment will present Extra at Comic-Con®, a free outdoor entertainment festival happening in San Diego’s Bayfront Park July 12–14 during Comic-Con International: San Diego. Bayfront Park is located between the San Diego Convention Center and the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel.
- Located just steps from the Convention Center, Extra at Comic-Con will be a live, multi-day entertainment experience capturing all the excitement of the Studio’s fan-facing properties: From The Lord of the Rings to the DC Universe, they’re all here!
“Everyone at Warner Bros. Television approaches Comic-Con as a fan-first experience. It’s in our DNA, with everything we do — from panels to signings to our bags, posters and more — carefully curated with our fans in mind,” said Lisa Gregorian, Chief Marketing Officer, Warner Bros. Television Group. “With the Extra at Comic-Con space, we have created a free and fun outdoor entertainment destination for fans. In addition to having all the Batmobiles on display and game demos, we will be hosting interviews throughout the day on the Extra stage, as well as evening and night events such as screenings and live comedy and musical performances after the convention floor closes for the day. It’s additive to the experience of being at the Con.”
Extra at Comic-Con attractions include:
THE EXTRA STAGE
The centerpiece of this 60,000-square-foot outdoor entertainment event is the Extra stage. Featuring Q&As, live performances, screenings and talent interviews presented by the long-running hit TV entertainment magazine Extra, the stage will be a constant — and free — place for fans to go beyond the Con.
- Stars from The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, The Vampire Diaries and more will appear live on the Extra stage to tape interviews with Extra’s on-camera hosts
- Warner Bros. will also distribute the studio’s Comic-Con special edition of TV Guide Magazine — with four sets of collectible flip covers featuring the casts of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries — at the Extra stage
- A full live event schedule will be posted at the Extra stage and online at www.thewb.com/comiccon
ALL SIX BATMOBILES!
On display in “The Batcave”: all six Batmobiles from television and film! For the first time ever, Comic-Con fans will have the opportunity to see all of Batman’s iconic onscreen vehicles live and in person, from Adam West’s 1955 Lincoln Futura to the Tumbler from The Dark Knight trilogy.
- Adam West’s 1955 Lincoln Futura. Designed by George Barris, this original Batmobile was featured in the cult classic television series and 1966’s Batman, the Movie.
- Michael Keaton’s Batmobile from 1989’s Batman and 1992’s Batman Returns. Sleek and powerful with a central turbine, the vehicles’ slightly retro design followed Tim Burton’s art deco look of the films.
- Revamped for Joel Schumacher’s 1995 Batman Forever, with bat-lighting and extended fins, Val Kilmer’s hot rod had the ability to drive up walls.
- Schumacher updated the Batmobile once again for George Clooney in 1997’s Batman & Robin. At 33 feet long and a top speed of 350 mph with afterburner thrust, this was the largest and fastest Batmobile on the road.
- The Tumbler designed for Christopher Nolan’s 2005 Batman Begins and 2008’s The Dark Knight is the prototype military vehicle designed by the character Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman).
- The unveiling of the replacement Camouflage Tumbler, to be seen in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, in theaters and IMAX July 20.
THE LORD OF THE RINGS VIDEO GAME SHOWCASE
With anticipation mounting for Warner Bros. Pictures’ December 14, 2012, release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey motion picture, directed by Peter Jackson and a production of New Line Cinema and MGM, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is showcasing two upcoming games set in Middle-earth.
- Fans can play hands-on with new video game Guardians of Middle-earth as characters including Gandalf, Sauron, Gollum, Thrain, Galadriel, Legolas and many more. This new multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game allows up to 10 players to engage in competitive matches. The game includes tie-ins with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey film. Tournaments will take place each evening, with prizes including custom-painted video game console systems and high-end gaming audio gear.
- LEGO® The Lord of the Rings: 3D Street Art. From the creative minds at Planet Streetpainting comes a one-of-a-kind, LEGO The Lord of the Rings–inspired 3D street art design that will be created and on display for fans of all ages over the course of three days, July 13–15. Stop by each day and watch the artwork unfold!
via Warner Bros. Press Release
Warner Bros. Entertainment Announces Comic-Con Autograph Signings for
Nearly 20 Series, Including The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural,
The Vampire Diaries and HBO’s Game of Thrones, Among Others
New This Year: Ticket Drawings and Wristband Distributions to
Begin in the Morning on the Day of Signings in the Sails Pavilion,
Utilizing One Line for All Ticket Drawings for All Signings
Comic-Con and Warner Bros. announced today that the Studio will once again follow the official Comic-Con® International: San Diego ticket distribution system for autograph signings at Comic-Con 2012, with the Con implementing a new procedure for 2012. The Studio will present more than 20 signings at the booth this year, including TV and digital series, as well as motion pictures (see current signing dates below).
- All signings will be held at the Warner Bros. booth, #4545 on the Comic-Con exhibition floor
- For the second straight year, Warner Bros. will distribute wristbands for signings via daily ticket drawings held at the Sails Pavilion inside the San Diego Convention Center, under the long-standing Comic-Con system
NEW FOR THIS YEAR
- For 2012, the following modifications will be in effect for the wristband line procedure:
- All ticket drawings and wristband distributions for all signings will begin in the morning of the day of the specific signing, when the Sails Pavilion opens to attendees. Badged Comic-Con members can begin lining up as soon as the Sails Pavilion area opens to attendees. The ticket drawings will begin at 8:00 a.m. or shortly thereafter.
- All of the drawings for all signings will now take place in one line on the morning of the signing
- Advisory to fans and attendees: Lines will likely be much longer this year, and we appreciate your patience and understanding
“We look forward to Warner Bros.’ participation again at Comic-Con,” said David Glanzer, director of marketing and public relations for Comic-Con International. “The line-up of shows and talent is something we and the fans look forward to each year, and this year’s schedule seems to be the best yet!”
Here’s how it works:
- Fans identify the signing they want to attend
- On the morning of the day of the signing they hope to attend, fans should arrive at the Sails Pavilion floor (between Ballroom 20 and Rooms 6A, 6BCF and 6DE) in the morning
- Ticket distribution for Comic-Con’s random draw will begin when the Sails Pavilion opens to attendees. Badged Comic-Con members can begin lining up as soon as the Sails Pavilion area opens. The ticket drawings will begin at 8:00 a.m. or shortly thereafter.
- A limited number of wristbands will be available for each signing, via Comic-Con’s random draw process
- There will be one line for all drawings and signings. We appreciate your patience!
- The random drawing will determine which fans receive wristbands granting access to each autograph line
- Fans who obtain wristbands should arrive at the Warner Bros. booth 30 minutes before the signing to line up
See below for the current signing dates for TV and digital series. The feature film signings will be announced at a later date.
All signings are at the Warner Bros. booth #4545.
DISCLAIMER: Autograph session information is subject to change. For the most up-to-date signing information, please check for updates at the Warner Bros. Booth (#4545) during Comic-Con or at www.thewb.com/comiccon.
THURSDAY, JULY 12
- MAD Autograph Signing
FRIDAY, JULY 13
- The Big Bang Theory Autograph Signing
- Cult Autograph Signing
- Arrow Autograph Signing
- 666 Park Avenue Autograph Signing
- H+ Autograph Signing
- HBO’s Game of Thrones Autograph Signing
- Childrens Hospital Autograph Signing
- Nikita Autograph Signing
SATURDAY, JULY 14
- Fringe Autograph Signing
- The Following Autograph Signing
- Revolution Autograph Signing
- The Vampire Diaries Autograph Signing
- Person of Interest Autograph Signing
- HBO’s True Blood Autograph Signing
SUNDAY, JULY 15
- Supernatural Autograph Signing
- DC Nation Autograph Signing
via Warner Bros. Press Release
The Big Bang Theory will be back at Comic-Con International: San Diego for its fourth consecutive year in 2012 – and this year, fans have a chance to come along. In celebration of The Big Bang Theory’s first year airing 5 Nights a Week (check www.BigBangWeeknights.com for local listings) in off-network syndication, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution have teamed up with Hot Topic to invite fans to enter the “Ultimate Fan Giveaway” for an opportunity to attend the biggest pop culture convention in the world — the legendary Comic-Con in San Diego — and have special reserved seats for the hugely popular The Big Bang Theory panel featuring stars and executive producers from TV’s most-watched comedy. Fans will also have the chance to win many great prizes, including t-shirts and $1,000 Hot Topic gift cards.
From Monday, May 21, through Friday, June 1, pop culture junkies can enter the contest either by watching The Big Bang Theory every weeknight in syndication (in select markets) and identifying Sheldon’s special Hot Topic t-shirt online at www.BigBangContest.com or by visiting any Hot Topic store nationwide now through Sunday, June 4, signing up to be a HT+1 rewards member and purchasing any The Big Bang Theory t-shirt, including the exclusive “Bazinga!” Comic-Con edition t-shirt only at Hot Topic. One lucky fan will receive an all-expenses paid fun-filled getaway for two to Comic-Con in San Diego, CA, including two tickets to Comic-Con, round-trip airfare, three days/two nights hotel accommodations, ground transportation and VIP passes to The Big Bang Theory panel.
“The phenomenal fan support for The Big Bang Theory has always been a true testament to the success of the series,” said Maryellen Zarakas, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Marketing and TV & Studio Licensing for Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “Partnering with Hot Topic allows us to offer this exciting sweepstakes entry for certain purchases and give fans a chance to get a ‘big bang’ for their buck.”
“This partnership with Warner Bros. is perfect because The Big Bang Theory has become a pop culture icon – which our customers love,” said Cindy Levitt, Vice President and General Merchandise Manager at Hot Topic. “Over the years, we have become a destination for the best music and pop culture-inspired merchandise – and our collection of The Big Bang Theory merchandise will not disappoint.”
“The stars and producers of The Big Bang Theory are like rock stars at Comic-Con, and this sweepstakes and promotion with Hot Topic will also turn two of the show’s lucky viewers into Comic-Con VIPs,” said Lisa Gregorian, Chief Marketing Officer, Warner Bros. Television Group. “If you are a fan of The Big Bang Theory, this is the perfect opportunity to have the ultimate fan experience, with a trip to San Diego and reserved seats to watch the stars and producers of TV’s #1 comedy in action at the most influential pop culture event of the year.”
Susan Kantor, Executive Vice President Marketing Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution, added, “This promotion is a unique opportunity to work across multiple Warner Bros. divisions while promoting The Big Bang Theory franchise and the five nights a week messaging. It gives our TV station partners and their local viewers a chance to win this one-of-a-kind experience at Comic-Con.”
Hot Topic stores will feature The Big Bang Theory merchandise including accessories, headwear, gifts and novelty items, as well as special edition t-shirts. Hot Topic will unveil an exclusive, “Bazinga!” Comic-Con t-shirt design featuring Sheldon, Leonard, Penny, Howard, Raj, Bernadette and Amy, shown together for the very first time as their super hero alter-egos.
In addition to the trip to Comic-Con as the national prize, Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution is offering viewers in 17 markets the opportunity to also win local prize packages that include $1,000 gift cards from Hot Topic. Viewers in Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Baltimore, Austin, Detroit, Puerto Rico, Orlando, San Antonio, Dallas, Tulsa, Honolulu, Bakersfield, Fresno and El Paso can win the gift cards by watching the show and entering online.
The more viewers tune in to The Big Bang Theory 5 Nights a Week on broadcast television (check www.BigBangWeeknights.com for local listings) and go to a Hot Topic retail store, the more chances they have to win the national and regional prizes.
About THE BIG BANG THEORY
Comedy has expanded to 5 Nights A Week (check http://www.BigBangWeeknights.com for local listings)! The Big Bang Theory is the story of two brainy best friends who could tell you anything you want to know about quantum physics – but when it comes to dealing with everyday life here on Earth, they’re lost in the cosmos. Leonard (Johnny Galecki) and Sheldon (Jim Parsons) are brilliant physicists – wizards in the laboratory, but socially inept outside of it. Enter their beautiful, free-spirited neighbor, Penny (Kaley Cuoco), who aims to teach them a thing or two about life. While Leonard spends his days looking for love, Sheldon is quite content playing Star Trek 3D chess with their ever-expanding universe of friends, including fellow Caltech scientists Howard Wolowitz (Simon Helberg), Rajesh Koothrappali (Kunal Nayyar) and more. http://www.BigBangWeeknights.com
Created by Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men) & Bill Prady (Dharma & Greg), who also serve as executive producers along with Steven Molaro (The Class) and Eddie Gorodetsky (Two and a Half Men), The Big Bang Theory stars Emmy® and Golden Globe nominee Johnny Galecki (Roseanne), Emmy® and Golden Globe winner Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco (Hop), Simon Helberg (Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog), Kunal Nayyar (Ice Age: Continental Drift), Mayim Bialik (Blossom) and Melissa Rauch (True Blood). The Emmy®-nominated series is from Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television.
THE BIG BANG THEORY and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and ©Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About Hot Topic
Hot Topic is a mall- and web-based specialty retailer beloved by rebellious teens for more than 20 years. Hot Topic capitalizes on the latest trends in music and pop culture, offering band-related apparel and accessories, licensed merchandise, and fashion apparel and accessories to an edgy subculture of expressive individuals. Hot Topic operates 624 stores in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico and an online store at hottopic.com. Find us on twitter (twitter.com/hottopic), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/hottopic) and YouTube http://www.youtube.com/hottopic.
via Warner Bros. Press Release
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announces the launch of The Vampire Diaries: Get Sucked In, a new game playable on Facebook. Based on the popular Warner Bros. Television series The Vampire Diaries – airing Thursdays 8/7c on The CW Network - the game is free and accessible for everyone to play.The Vampire Diaries: Get Sucked In extends the supernatural story of the TV series about two vampire brothers who fall in love with the same beautiful girl. Players begin their own journey of discovery as they explore the town of Mystic Falls and complete missions given to them by characters from the TV series. These missions lead players deeper into the mysteries and events that are unraveling in this pleasant, yet dangerous town.”The Vampire Diaries: Get Sucked In will draw Facebook fans in with gameplay that builds upon key plot lines involving their favorite characters from The CW’s most popular series,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Now players of the game will get to delve deeper into the engaging mysteries that have made The Vampire Diaries a hit.” “The Vampire Diaries: Get Sucked In allows fans to participate in a social game that extends beyond The CW’s Thursday episode broadcast and provides an immersive experience for them to visit the world of Mystic Falls – populated with the characters they love – all week,” said Lisa Gregorian, Chief Marketing Officer, Warner Bros. Television Group. “The game is fang-tastic.”
Players will explore the world of The Vampire Diaries using the game’s interactive map to move through key locations and uncover dark secrets about the town and its residents, playing games that test their knowledge of The Vampire Diaries along the way and using Facebook credits to purchase in-game items to complete collections, open special prize chests and unlock new areas on the map.
The Vampire Diaries: Get Sucked In can be found at http://apps.facebook.com/vampirediariesgame/
About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.
About The Vampire Diaries
Based on the best-selling book series by L.J. Smith, The Vampire Diaries stars Nina Dobrev (DeGrassi: The Next Generation), Paul Wesley (Fallen), Ian Somerhalder (Lost), Steven R. McQueen (Everwood), Kat Graham (Honey 2), Candice Accola (Juno), Zach Roerig (Friday Night Lights), Michael Trevino (Cane), Matt Davis (Blue Crush) and Joseph Morgan (Ben-Hur). Produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, the series was developed by Kevin Williamson (the Scream films, Dawson’s Creek) and Julie Plec (Kyle XY), who serve as executive producers along with Leslie Morgenstein (Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars) and Bob Levy (Gossip Girl).
via Press Release
Warner Bros. has released the first pic of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman / Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises. This costume is definitely more practical than the previous costumes worn by Michelle Pfeiffer or Halle Berry. Her costume doesn’t seem to have any type of mask, ears, etc. Oh well, not a really good disguise if you ask me.
Anne’s outfit is more tactical, like the comic book, than the previous Batman movies. She will definitely be wearing the goggles and it’s going to be less sexy than Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman costumes. She’s going to look more like a robber….But fan boys shouldn’t be worried. This costume is going to be form-fitting enough to make Anne look smoking hot….Everything from the looks in her eyes, her head movements, her body–everything is so feline.
This photo below has Catwoman on a motorbike, which is similar to previous ones used by Batman! They must go to the same dealer.
The film also stars three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams (“The Fighter”) as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It”) as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent’s adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Oscar® nominee Diane Lane (“Unfaithful”) and Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (“Dances with Wolves”).
Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (“Revolutionary Road”), and Faora, Zod’s evil partner, played by Antje Traue.
Also from Superman’s native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman’s mother, played by Julia Ormond, and Superman’s father, Jor-El, portrayed by Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (“Gladiator”).Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.
“Man of Steel” is being produced by Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer, from a story by Goyer and Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Comics. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.
Currently in production, “Man of Steel” is slated for release on June 14, 2013 and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
via Warner Bros. Press Release
Alright! The San Diego Food Trucks will be Downtown during Comic-Con! They also let us know that Warner Bros. and Disney will be doing something near their lot… Anyone know what they’ll be doing? Hmmm… Well here’s the Food Truck announcement below!
A “Food Truck Food Court” will be at San Diego Comic-Con this year! Here are the details:
- Location: The lot located at the 1st/Island/2nd/J lot.
- When: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (some trucks will be there on Sunday but most won’t)
- They will be selling from 10:00 am-10:00 pm, although most trucks will be gone by 8:00pm
- The entrance will be off 1st Ave, right next to the Comedy Central interactive park. Warner Bros. and Disney will also be doing projects in the lot.
- Trucks scheduled to be there include: Chop Sooey, Patty Melt, Super Q, Asian Persuasion, Two For The Road, Devilicious, SD Street Eats, Flippin Pizza and Green Truck. This list may change!
- Important note–there is NO public parking in the lot.
SDfoodtrucks.com is proud to be the resource for all food truck info in San Diego. Check us out on Facebook and enjoy Comic-Con!
To celebrate the highly anticipated premiere of ThunderCats, the newest Warner Bros. Animation series on Cartoon Network, the studio has commissioned a replica Sword of Omens, Lion-O’s mythical weapon used in the series, to be given away to one lucky fan, exclusively at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2011.
- Handcrafted by the artisan Dragon of Renegade Effects Group, this replica Sword of Omens is forged of aircraft aluminum (1/3 of what steel weighs – but just as tough!) and features a hand-carved eyepiece and ThunderCats logo.
- Sword design taken directly from the drawings of the Warner Bros. Animation artists.
- Visit the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) to find out how you could win the Sword of Omens.
- In addition to this special prize, the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) will also be giving away free foam replicas of the Sword of Omens to fans on Friday, July 22, and Sunday, July 24.
- A world premiere screening of ThunderCats at Comic-Con will take place on Friday, July 22, at 3:30 p.m. in Room 6A. Afterward the screening, join Larry Kenney (voice of Claudus, voice of Lion-O in the original series), Emmanuelle Chriqui (voice of Cheetara), producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton will for a panel discussion on the series.
- ThunderCats roars onto TV screens with an hour-long special premiere event on Friday, July 29, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network. Following the premiere, the show will air regularly on Cartoon Network Friday nights at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, beginning August 5.
Only the true Lord of the ThunderCats can wield the mighty Sword of Omens! And only one lucky fan will be able to win this exclusive Comic-Con replica at the Warner Bros. booth.
Must be over 18 to enter. Official Rules available at TheWB.com.
ThunderCats is a new animated series from Warner Bros. Animation (WBA), premiering exclusively on Cartoon Network, and is executive produced by Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold), with Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Wonder Woman) and Ethan Spaulding (Avatar: The Last Airbender) producing.
An epic, all new reimagining of the classic 1980s animated series, ThunderCats tells the story of a hero’s journey to fulfill his ultimate destiny. On Third Earth, the kingdom of Thundera is being threatened by the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra, and Lion-O, the young heir to the throne, embarks on a great quest to take his rightful place as king. The unlikely champion must work with his faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit, WilyKat, and his loyal pet, Snarf — who join him on his journey — to save their world from darkness.
With Comic-Con 2011 just a week away, anticipation is at a fever pitch, and things are getting so hot, the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) at Comic-Con will be on fire! (Figuratively, at least.) The Warner Bros. booth is always a must-visit destination for fans, and this year is no exception, with prizes, multiple daily giveaways, autograph signings and more. And, at 3,600 square feet, this will be the biggest Warner Bros. booth ever.
One lucky Con-goer will be driving home from San Diego in style, as the Studio is celebrating Warner Bros. Animation’s new hit animated comedy series The Looney Tunes Show (Tuesdays 8/7c on Cartoon Network) by giving away a Tweety Bird–branded convertible Volkswagen Bug at the Warner Bros. booth!
Here’s the lowdown:
WARNER BROS. BOOTH GRAND PRIZE: YOU COULD WIN A TWEET RIDE
- Visit the Warner Bros. booth #4545 to find out how you could win the Tweety-branded Volkswagen Bug and other special daily prizes.
- The winner of the car will be revealed on Sunday, July 24, at the Warner Bros. booth and will be posted to http://www.thewb.com/comiccon.
MICROSOFT TAGS AND QR CODES
- Throughout Comic-Con, the exterior of the Warner Bros. booth will incorporate a number of Microsoft Tags into its design. Additionally, the T-shirts worn by Warner Bros. both staff will also feature an exclusive Microsoft Tag.
- The Tags will deliver exclusive content and premiums to fans that they can only get at the Warner Bros. booth. The Tags, content and premiums will change every day during Comic-Con, so be sure to visit the booth early — and often!
- And one mystery item will feature a QR code pointing to exclusive content for fans. Be the first to spy this!
- Note: To access the tags and the QR code, fans must use a smartphone equipped with a Microsoft Tag reader and QR code reader.
ACTIVITIES AND GIVEAWAYS
- As always, fans can meet stars and creators from their favorite TV series, home entertainment releases and video games during signings at the booth. Visit http://www.thewb.com/comiccon or follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC) for details about signing times and the new autograph ticket system and wristband procedures.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will once again have a number of video game kiosks in the booth, giving fans the opportunity to play the upcoming Batman: Arkham City and LEGO: Harry Potter Years 5–7 games in advance of their release and get their hands on the all-new action RPG Bastion as it officially launches on July 20.
- Warner Bros. Consumer Products ThunderCats Bandai Display: Fans can get an early look at the hottest toys from the new animated series ThunderCats before they hit stores, as the Warner Bros. booth hosts a preview of Bandai America’s Fall 2011 line. Check out the full line of Lion-O, Cheetara, Tygra, Panthro and Mumm-Ra action figures, the ThunderTank, ThunderRacers, Deluxe Sword of Omens and more!
- Fans will be treated to numerous giveaways at the booth throughout Comic-Con. Must-have items include:
- Limited-edition Looney Tunes buttons from Warner Bros. Consumer Products
- Young Justice playing cards and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Mates monsters from Warner Bros. Animation
- Puzzle cubes from Cartoon Network
- Lt. Jim Gordon replica eyeglasses from Batman: Year One, collectible salt shakers from Supernatural and Supernatural: The Anime Series, and The Vampire Diaries Blood Bag water bottles from Warner Home Video
- Harry Potter pins from Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter
- Fringe luggage tags from Warner Bros. Television
- WB Games scavenger hunt cards redeemable for prize bags that include LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5–7 mini figures and T-shirt, Batman: Arkham City water bottle, Bastion bandana and The Lord of the Rings: War in the North magnet. Also being given away are The Big Bang Theory: Mystic Warlords of Ka’a game cards from WB Games.
- DC Entertainment will hand out copies of DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 #1, which gives attendees a first look at all 52 highly anticipated first issues, including an exclusive preview of JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 by Jim Lee and Geoff Johns. Additionally, QR codes will be handed out in the booth giving Comic-Con attendees access to exclusive new THE NEW 52 behind-the-scenes content.
- And more!
WARNER BROS. BOOTH DESIGN
- Rising 30 feet above the convention floor, the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower anchors the Studio’s 3,600-square-foot booth.
- Designed by Warner Bros. Studio Facilities, the two-story booth will feature a modern, sleek, minimalist look for 2011, with elegant white walls and silver floors.
- Gold frames and mirrors featuring giant portraits of Studio stars will hang high above the booth.
- And, no, your eyes do not deceive! The second floor of booth will be the hottest place at Comic-Con, with a ring of fire surrounding the entire structure.