Comic-Con International announced on Twitter:
This is NOT the hour notice, but for more information on the future Attendee badge resale: bit.ly/cc11resales #SDCC
So we go to their website and find out what we already know so far…
There will be NO ONSITE REGISTRATION!
New Info and explanations…
Comic-Con International will be selling returned 4-day badges (without Preview Night) through EPIC online registration. Single-day badges will be available at a later date — for information on single-day badges, check the Comic-Con website frequently for updates, or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/comic_con for registration announcements.
A number of attendees have brought to our attention the fact that many people purchasing 4-day badges are not planning to attend all four days, while many people who want to attend all four days are forced to buy single-day badges at a higher price. In response, Comic-Con will no longer be offering a discount for 4-day badge purchases. Instead, a 4-day badge and four single-day badges will be the same price. We hope that this change will encourage people to purchase only the days they will actually be attending, leaving additional badges for others who want to attend Comic-Con.
A 4-day adult badge without Preview Night will be sold at the non-discounted rate of $137 which includes a $6 reprocessing fee. Junior, Senior, and Military 4-day badges without Preview Night will be sold at the non-discounted rate of $68 each.
You may purchase up to TWO 4-day badges only.
Your Registration Process
To participate in the badge resale, click the button above that says, “Badge Resale Registration is OPEN”. This link will not be active until registration opens.
For 2011 badge resale, EPIC registration has developed an online waiting room where you will be placed in line (in the order you arrived) to enter the online registration session to purchase badges. After you select the link above, you will be redirected to the EPIC registration website and their online waiting room.
- DO NOT MANUALLY REFRESH OR RELOAD THE WAITING ROOM PAGE IN YOUR BROWSER! Running multiple “tabs” or browser windows of the EPIC waiting room will cause you to be placed at the back of the line. If you refresh this page while in the EPIC waiting room, you will lose your spot in line and be moved to the back of the queue. It is therefore very important that you do not refresh or hit your browser’s “back” button while you are in the queue for badge registration.
- While in the waiting room, you will be able to see your current position in line. Your number in line will automatically update every two minutes. There will also be a black registration status message with yellow text. EPIC registration will monitor badge sales closely and update this status message when inventory is running low. Should badges sell out before you are placed in your online registration session, this message will notify you.
- You may be able to purchase up to two 4-day Comic-Con badges during your online registration session, while supplies last. If you would like to buy an additional badge for a guest, you must complete your first transaction and pay for your badge before you may purchase an additional badge. You will not have to return to the waiting room for your second purchase. Due to overwhelming demand for 2011 badges, all badge categories may be sold out before you have the option to purchase an additional badge.
- Once you have been moved from the waiting room to your online registration session, you will enter your name and contact information. Please enter your full legal name as shown on your valid photo ID. You will be required to show a photo ID that matches the name on your barcode confirmation when picking up your badge.
- After your contact information has been submitted, you may select your desired badge category: Adult, Junior, Senior, or Military. After agreeing to the Cancellation, Refund, and Exchange Policy, you will be prompted to enter your credit card information and review the accuracy of your order. If all information is correct, please type “AGREE” in the box below after reviewing the “Terms and Conditions,” then click the [Process My Registration] button at the bottom of this page. Upon submitting your order, your credit card will immediately be charged.
- Print this page for your records, then select the [Purchase Another Badge] button to buy an additional badge, or click on [Return to Comic-Con Website] to exit the EPIC registration session.
- You will receive a barcode e-mail confirmation from EPIC registration for your purchase, sent to the e-mail address you provided during registration. Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail contacts or address book so the confirmation does not go to your SPAM folder.