To celebrate the highly anticipated premiere of ThunderCats, the newest Warner Bros. Animation series on Cartoon Network, the studio has commissioned a replica Sword of Omens, Lion-O’s mythical weapon used in the series, to be given away to one lucky fan, exclusively at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2011.
- Handcrafted by the artisan Dragon of Renegade Effects Group, this replica Sword of Omens is forged of aircraft aluminum (1/3 of what steel weighs – but just as tough!) and features a hand-carved eyepiece and ThunderCats logo.
- Sword design taken directly from the drawings of the Warner Bros. Animation artists.
- Visit the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) to find out how you could win the Sword of Omens.
- In addition to this special prize, the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) will also be giving away free foam replicas of the Sword of Omens to fans on Friday, July 22, and Sunday, July 24.
- A world premiere screening of ThunderCats at Comic-Con will take place on Friday, July 22, at 3:30 p.m. in Room 6A. Afterward the screening, join Larry Kenney (voice of Claudus, voice of Lion-O in the original series), Emmanuelle Chriqui (voice of Cheetara), producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton will for a panel discussion on the series.
- ThunderCats roars onto TV screens with an hour-long special premiere event on Friday, July 29, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network. Following the premiere, the show will air regularly on Cartoon Network Friday nights at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, beginning August 5.
Only the true Lord of the ThunderCats can wield the mighty Sword of Omens! And only one lucky fan will be able to win this exclusive Comic-Con replica at the Warner Bros. booth.
Must be over 18 to enter. Official Rules available at TheWB.com.
ThunderCats is a new animated series from Warner Bros. Animation (WBA), premiering exclusively on Cartoon Network, and is executive produced by Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold), with Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Wonder Woman) and Ethan Spaulding (Avatar: The Last Airbender) producing.
An epic, all new reimagining of the classic 1980s animated series, ThunderCats tells the story of a hero’s journey to fulfill his ultimate destiny. On Third Earth, the kingdom of Thundera is being threatened by the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra, and Lion-O, the young heir to the throne, embarks on a great quest to take his rightful place as king. The unlikely champion must work with his faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit, WilyKat, and his loyal pet, Snarf — who join him on his journey — to save their world from darkness.