They are the marvelous mutants you have known and loved for decades, in so many incarnations and incredibly memorable storylines, from the page to the screens both small and large. And now WeLoveFine is thrilled to announce our latest design contest featuring Marvel Comics characters is all about those uncanny X-Men! The teachers and students of Professor Xavier’s school for gifted youngsters and their ongoing struggle for acceptance and peace – in the face of mighty foes, lead by Magneto’s Brotherood of Evil Mutants – has inspired some of our best-selling designs here at WeLoveFine… and now it’s YOUR turn to design for these classic, beloved characters! The ever-popular Wolverine, fan-favorite heroine Jean Grey, the enigmatic and powerful Magneto: who will inspire you to create a prize-winning t-shirt design? Go for it, artists: You could win up our amazing grand prize of a trip to Comic-Con San Diego 2013, and have your tee made into official Marvel merchandise! Go forth, and be ASTOUNDING!
Chris Claremont has encountered more success than most writers ever dream of. His stories have achieved best-seller status, won numerous awards, and are trend-setters for the industry. Although best known for his work on Marvel Comic’s X-Men series, where he created the characters of Rogue, Gambit, Sabretooth, Kitty Pryde and the White Queen, amongst others, he has also written seminal characters such as Batman and Superman; originated several creator-owned series; is published throughout the world in many different languages; authored nine novels. His papers are collected at the Rare Book and Manuscript Library of Columbia University, in New York. He has spoken at Princeton, MIT, and Columbia University, appeared on television in the US and abroad. His work has touched millions. Read more at chrisclaremont.com.
Second Guest Judge TBA
- Submissions must be received by 11:59:59 PM (PST) on March 5, 2013.
- You may submit up to 5 entries per person
- All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG.
- By entering the contest (”Promotion”), you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) the Official Rules and (b) Mighty Fine’s (”Sponsor”) decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Likenesses of any actors who have portrayed X-Men characters in any movie adaptations CANNOT be used in the design.
- All entries MUST incorporate one or more of the following characters: WOLVERINE and/or CYCLOPS, PHOENIX, STORM, MAGNETO, COLOSSUS, BEAST and PSYLOCKE. No other characters may be used in the design.
™ & © 2013 MARVEL & SUBS
- Grand Prize: We are delighted to offer a grand prize of a full expense-paid trip to Comic-Con 2013! Grand Prize winner will receive a paid trip (2 nights and 3 days) to San Diego for Comic-Con International. Trip will include 1 4-day Comic-Con membership badge, 1 round trip airfare (limited to US domestic flights only) and lodging near the convention center.
- Guest Judge’s pick (2): Our guest judges will each select their personal favorite design, and those artists will win $400 cash!
- Runners-Up (2): Two runners-up will receive a $150 gift certificate for WeLoveFine.com
- Honorable Mention (5): Five honorable mentions will receive a $50 gift certificate for WeLoveFine.com
*All winning designs will be put into consideration for printing (Subject to Licensor Approval)
*All winning artists will be put into consideration to be part of Mighty Fine Artists (”MFA”)
Deadline to submit: 3/5/2013 11:59PM PST
Rating period: 3/19/2013 ~ 4/8/2013
Winners will be announced on 4/23/2013