Prominent Guild Members to Once Again Honor the Best-Dressed Comic-Con Attendees in the “Hall Costume Awards” and at the Comic-Con International 2013 Masquerade Ball
For the eighth consecutive year, the Costume Designers Guild (IATSE Local 892), the labor union representing Costume Designers and other costume professionals in film and television, will be participating in San Diego’s International Comic-Con July 19-20 at the San Diego Convention Center. This year the CDG’s presence will be bigger than ever with a line-up of events and panels featuring top Costume Designers and Costume Illustrators.
Below is a list of scheduled events and panels:
Friday, July 19, 2013, 5:30-6:30pm
PANEL: Welcome to the New Age – Room 24ABC
From Concept to Creation, featuring Costume Illustrators
Today’s top Costume Illustrators from the Costume Designers Guild IATSE Local 892 talk about their latest projects and the changing world of illustration in the digital and 3D age. Q & A to follow.
Featured panelists include:
- Keith Christianson (Man of Steel, Star Trek)
- Phillip Boute Jr. (Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Man of Steel)
- Constantine Sekeris (Star Trek, G.I. Joe: Retaliation)
- Alan Villanueva (Oz, the Great & Powerful, Enders Game, Defiance)
- Christian Cordella (Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier, Oblivion, 300: Rise of an Empire)
* After the panel, the Costume Illustrators will be available in the Autograph Hall for meet and greets and to sign autographs.
Friday, July 19th from 7:00pm-9:00pm
INDUSTRY MIXER: Sponsored by ABC Studios Costume Department & Western Costume Company, the Costume Designers Guild Comic-Con Committee will be hosting an invitation-only mixer on July 19th at the historic Horton Grand Hotel for panelists, sponsors, entertainment industry professionals, volunteers and all CDG members. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for a chance to win tickets to this exclusive event.
Saturday, July 20, 2013, 4:30-5:30pm
PANEL: Poppin’ Some Tags – Room 24ABC
Creating Iconic Characters, featuring Costume Designers
Celebrity Costume Designers from Costume Designers Guild IATSE Local 892 dish the dirt on designing and bringing to fruition the costumes for today’s hottest blockbuster films.
Featured panelists include:
- Trish Summerville (Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
- Gary Jones (Oz, the Great & Powerful)
- Christine Bieslin-Clark (TRON, Watchmen, 300)
- Isis Mussenden (Wolverine, Chronicles of Narnia)
- Mayes Rubeo (WWZ, Avatar)
Moderated by Actor Ron Perlman (Hell Boy, Sons of Anarchy)
* After the panel, the Costume Designers will be available in the Autograph Hall for meet and greets and to sign autographs from 6:00 to 7:00pm
HALL COSTUME AWARDS: Once again, our Costume Designers and Costume Illustrators will be walking the halls of Comic-Con looking for interesting and unique home-made costumes. They will be awarding winners with exclusive gift bags and autographed souvenirs. Follow us on Twitter @local892 for specific information, including times and locations.
MASQUERADE BALL: Brought to you by our official Masquerade Ball sponsor Fox Studios Costume Department on Saturday July 20th from 8pm to midnight, top Costume Designers from the Costume Designers Guild IATSE Local 892 will judge and present prizes to their favorite entry for “Outstanding Costume”. Prizes include a custom designed CDG Favorite Entry trophy, a VIP behind the scenes tour on the set of the show Sons of Anarchy followed by lunch, a subscription to ‘Costume Designer’ magazine and a $200 gift certificate from International Silks & Woolens.
Special Thanks to Our 2013 CDG Comic-Con Sponsors:
- ABC Studios Costume Department
- Western Costume Company
- Fox Studios Costume Department
- Silver Level:
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour
- Serj Costumes & Tailoring
- International Silks and Woolens
- La Cienega Studio Cleaners
- Universal Studios Costume Department
- Chair – Marianne Parker
- Michi Tomimatsu
- Suzanne Chambliss
- Gina Flanagan
- Mariano Diaz
- Phillip Boute Jr.
- Oneita Parker
- Christine Cover-Ferro
- Jerry Carnevale
- Kimberly Freed