The Member ID system will CLOSE to new registrations on February 12, 2013 and will not reopen until badge sales are over.
The link to EPIC Open Online Registration will be sent to eligible participants with a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID via email 48 hours prior to the start of badge sales*. You may click the link, or copy-and-paste it into you browser.
Comic-Con will NOT post this link on our website, Facebook, or Twitter.
If you purchased a 4-Day badge with Preview Night during pre-registration in August 2012 OR If you are a professional or guest of professional who has registered for a Comic-Con 2013 professional badge, you are not eligible to participate in Open Online Registration. You may not purchase a badge of any type on February 16, 2013.
To confirm if you are eligible to participate in Open Online Registration, please log in to your Member ID account here.
*We are currently experiencing difficulties with AOL email accounts. If you have an AOL account and are eligible for Open Online Registration, but did not receive the email notice on Friday, we strongly recommend you check your SPAM folder and consider using an alternate email address.
COMIC-CON 2013 PRICES
|BADGE TYPE||Adult||Junior**||U.S. Military /
|4-Day WITH Preview Night||$175||$87||$87|
|4-Day WITHOUT Preview Night||$150||$75||$75|
|1-Day — Thurs, Fri or Sat||$42||$21||$21|
|1-Day — Sunday||$24||$12||$12|
**Juniors age 13-17 pay junior prices. Seniors 60 years or older pay the U.S. Military/Senior reduced price. Active U.S. Military with ID can pay the U.S. Military/Senior price. This deal does not extend to dependents.
Everyone who intends to purchase, apply, or register for a Comic-Con badge must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID. The Member ID site will close to new registrations and changes on February 12, 2013 and will not reopen before badge sales begin. This includes attendees, volunteers, professionals, trade professionals, exhibitor main contacts, and members of the press. Please click here for details.
Children age 12 and under are free with a paying adult. Children do not need to register for a Member ID to receive a badge. You may register a child (12 and under) onsite for free at the Attendee Badge Pick-Up Desk if a paying adult accompanies the child. You will be required to provide emergency contact information for any child registrant age 12 and under.
To accommodate the transition from child to junior (age 13-17), we have set a static date to determine who is considered a child for Comic-Con 2013. If you were age 12 or under on August 1, 2012, you do not need to buy a badge for Comic-Con 2013. You may attend as a child. If you were age 13 or older on August 1, 2012, you must create a Member ID and purchase a badge for Comic-Con 2013 during EPIC Open Online Registration.
The following information is for people who are interested in purchasing a Comic-Con 2013 badge. It is a lot of information to digest, but those who read it may have a significant advantage over those who choose not to. Above all, we sincerely wish we could accommodate everyone who would like to attend our event, but unfortunately we are limited by capacity. We have tried our best to make the registration system as smooth and painless as possible. We hope the information below will give you a leg up on the competition!
Preparation for Open Online Registration:
- Anyone who wishes to purchase a Comic-Con 2013 badge must have a valid Comic-Con Member ID. To sign up for a Member ID, please click here. The Member ID system will CLOSE to new registrations on February 12, 2013 and will not reopen until badge sales are over.
- Once you have a valid Member ID account, log in and check your opt-outs by selecting the “Show My Preferences/Unsubscribe” option. DO NOT OPT-OUT of email correspondence from Comic-Con if you wish to receive the Open Online Registration link.
- We strongly suggest that you add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email’s safe sender list.
- You will need your last name and Member ID to log in to the EPIC Registration system. Sign in to your Member ID account and select the “Show My Info” option to verify your registration login information. If you will be purchasing a badge for a friend or family member, you will need their Member ID and last name as well.
- If you are a junior, senior, or member of the military, please log in to your Member ID account and select the “Change My Preferences/Unsubscribe” option. Double check your “Membership Type” and change it if needed. You will not be able to change this option on the day of badge sales. If your “Membership Type” is listed as adult, you will not be shown the option to purchase a junior, senior, or military badge.
- If you have already purchased a badge during pre-registartion in August 2012, but are attempting to upgrade your badge purchase, please read the badge purchase Terms & Conditions. Your preregistration purchase will be automatically canceled and refunded, without notification, if you purchase an overlapping badge date during Open Online Registration.
- If you will be using someone else’s credit card to make a purchase, please be sure you have their email and physical address before you begin.
- For more pre-sale information, please review our Badge Purchase FAQ.
Day of Sale Instructions:
- The EPIC Registration waiting room will open at 9:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on February 16, 2013. Prior to that, if you click the link (or copy-and-paste into your browser) you will be taken to a static landing page. At 9:00 AM (PT), click the green button on the landing page and you should be redirected to the EPIC Registration waiting room.* IT IS OK TO REFRESH YOUR BROWSER WHILE ON THE LANDING PAGE. However, do not refresh your browser once you have reached the EPIC waiting room.
- Once inside the EPIC Registration waiting room, a number will indicate your position in line. DO NOT REFRESH YOUR BROWSER OR RUN MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF THE WAITING ROOM IN YOUR BROWSER. Refreshing your browser or running multiple instances of the waiting room in a single browser will move you to the back of the line.
- Once you have reached the front of the line, you will enter your Last Name and Member ID. Please be sure to review this information by logging in to your Member ID account prior to February 16, 2013.
- After you begin your badge purchase session, you will review your contact information and select the badge you wish to purchase. If your contact information is incorrect, please continue on and purchase your badge anyway. You will have an opportunity to change your information at a later date and you do not want to lose valuable seconds while in the EPIC registration system.
- If the badge you wish to purchase is unavailable, please make an alternate selection. Do not refresh your session. Refreshing your session or hitting the “back” button will not refresh badge inventory. If your preferred badge is not listed, it is not available.
- If you wish to register another person after you have completed your payment, select the “Purchase Another Badge” button at the end of your registration session. If you do not select this option, you will be removed from your EPIC registration session and will not have the opportunity to purchase another badge.
- You may register up to four people (including yourself) during your EPIC registration session, while badge inventory is available. You must register each person individually and each must have his or her own valid and unique Member ID. You may not register more than one person with the same Member ID. Be sure to have the Member ID and last name for any individual you wish to register.
- It is possible that badge inventory may run out while you are in session. If you select a badge option and receive an error message upon payment, please follow the instructions to return to the badge registration page and select another badge option. Your original option is no longer available.
- It is possible that you may purchase a badge for yourself, but find that the same badge type is unavailable when you try to purchase for a friend or family member. Comic-Con does not guarantee that all badge types will be available at the time of purchase. Comic-Con does not guarantee that you will be able to purchase badges for up to four people before inventory is depleted.
- After you have completed your EPIC registration session, please allow 48 hours for EPIC to charge your credit card. You will be sent a confirmation of your credit card transaction immediately.
- EPIC barcode confirmations will be sent out 48 – 72 hours after registration closes. Please allow at least 72 hours for your barcode confirmation to arrive before contacting Comic-Con International.
- Comic-Con customer service will be available from 8:30 AM PT until badges are sold out on February 16, 2013. We will post the customer service hotline number on Facebook only. To follow us on Facebook, please click here.
*Although SDCC makes efforts to ensure the purchase of badges is easy, efficient, and equitable, SDCC makes no guarantee, warranty, or representation that, by logging onto the Web site with a Comic-Con Member ID, you are entitled to or be able to purchase a badge. Due to the limited number of badges and the large volume of Comic-Con Member ID holders, badges are sold as long as they are available. Please be advised that SDCC badges sell out very quickly. Not all persons eligible to purchase a badge will be able to purchase a badge. Due to the large volume of traffic, the EPIC landing page may not redirect you to the waiting room or your browser may time out while attempting to connect to the waiting room. Additionally, SDCC makes no guarantee, warranty, or representation that the Web site will function properly throughout the badge sales process. In the event that the Web site malfunctions, SDCC will try to rectify the problem in a timely fashion. Notwithstanding, by using the Web site you agree that IN NO EVENT SHALL COMIC-CON, ITS PRINCIPALS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE BADGE SALE AND REGISTRATION PROCESS.