In a late development, Twentieth Century Fox Television will return GLEE to Comic-Con for the fourth straight year with a star-studded panel that is sure to be standing-room only for GLEEks of all ages. The panel is scheduled to take place in the Indigo Room on Saturday, July 14 from 6:00-7:00 PM PT and will be moderated by TVLine.com’s Michael Ausiello.
“The fans at Comic-Con were among the first to really get behind our show, and we’ve had such a great time returning there every summer,” said GLEE co-creator/executive producer Brad Falchuk. “This was the first year our cast has not gone out on tour, so Ryan and I thought we’d let them have some well-deserved time off. But everyone wanted to be there, and we couldn’t be happier to report that GLEE is returning to the convention where we feel it all started.”
Original cast members Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Darren Criss, Kevin McHale, Jenna Ushkowitz and Naya Rivera are all returning to the “Con,” some for the first time since GLEE initially appeared at the convention to standing-room-only crowds back in 2009. Additionally, Falchuk will be on the panel to answer questions and tease the upcoming season.
GLEE joins a roster of nine other Twentieth Century Fox Television shows previously scheduled to appear at Comic-Con 2012:
FRIDAY, JULY 13:
- BONES: Creator and executive producer Hart Hanson, executive producer Stephen Nathan and stars David Boreanaz (“FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth”) and Emily Deschanel (“Dr. Temperance Brennan”) will be on hand to discuss the shocking finale of Season Seven as well as what’s in store for Booth and Brennan in an exciting Season Eight. The panel will be followed by a fan Q&A.
- BOB’S BURGERS: Creator and executive producer Loren Bouchard and executive producer Jim Dauterive and the hilarious cast, including H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman and Kristen Schaal, will screen never-before-seen footage followed by a panel discussion and fan Q&A.
- Brickleberry: From creators and executive producers Waco O’Guin and Roger Black, and executive producer and voice actor in the series Daniel Tosh (“Tosh.0”), this hilarious new series premieres on Comedy Central in September after “Tosh.0.” Voice cast including David Herman (“Office Space”), Tom Kenny (“SpongeBob SquarePants”), Jerry Minor (“Anchorman”) and Kaitlin Olson (“It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”) will be on hand for a panel discussion following a screening of the highly-anticipated premiere episode.
SATURDAY, JULY 14:
- Futurama: “Futurama” cannot be killed! Join the cast and crew of the Emmy Award-winning series for world premiere footage of the all-new season on Comedy Central. Plus: wear your “Futurama”-themed costume for the chance to win slightly valuable prizes! Scheduled panelists include creator/executive producer Matt Groening, executive producer David X. Cohen, and stars Billy West (“Fry,” “Zoidberg,” “Professor Farnsworth,” “Zapp Brannigan”), Katey Sagal (“Leela”), John DiMaggio (“Bender”) and Maurice LaMarche (“Kif Kroker,” “Calculon,” “Morbo”).
- THE SIMPSONS: Now entering its 24th season, THE SIMPSONS is a living animation legend. Join moderator David Mirkin; creator Matt Groening; executive producer Al Jean; supervising producer Mike Anderson; and Yeardley Smith, the voice of “Lisa Simpson” for a lengthy look at the upcoming “Treehouse of Horror,” a sneak (2D) peek at theatrical short “The Longest Daycare” and more.
- FAMILY GUY: Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Mila Kunis (“Black Swan,” “The Book of Eli”), Seth Green(“Robot Chicken”) and showrunners Mark Hentemann and Steve Callaghan will offer a sneak peek at FAMILY GUY’s funniest scenes from the upcoming new season, followed by a freakin’ sweet Q&A with the audience.
- AMERICAN DAD: An exclusive preview of next season’s most hilarious moments, followed by a panel conversation with the cast and producers of AMERICAN DAD, featuring Seth MacFarlane, Wendy Schaal, Scott Grimes,Rachael MacFarlane, Dee Bradley Baker, Mike Barker and Matt Weitzman.
- GLEE: By popular demand, GLEE returns for its fourth consecutive year with a star-studded panel moderated by TVLine.com’s Michael Ausiello. Embrace your inner GLEEk and join co-creator/executive producer Brad Falchukand stars Lea Michele (“Rachel Berry”), Cory Monteith (“Finn Hudson”), Darren Criss (“Blaine Anderson”),Naya Rivera (“Santana Lopez”), Kevin McHale (“Artie Abrams”) and Jenna Ushkowitz (“Tina Cohen-Chang”) as they return to the “Con” to discuss the past season, which ended in an emotional and shocking conclusion that will change everything for the students and graduates of McKinley High.
SUNDAY, JULY 15:
- THE CLEVELAND SHOW: World premiere screening of “Menace II Secret Society,” the Season Four premiere episode of THE CLEVELAND SHOW, featuring unbelievable guest voices and followed by a Q&A with panelists Seth MacFarlane, Mike Henry, Sanaa Lathan (“AVP: Alien vs. Predator,” “Blade”), Kevin Michael Richardson (“Thundercats,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “Transformers Prime”), Reagan Gomez andRich Appel.
- Sons of Anarchy: Get an inside look into the world of FX’s highest-rated series ever, with creator Kurt Sutter(“The Shield”) and stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, Maggie Siff, Kim Coates, Mark Boone Junior, Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi, Ryan Hurst and Dayton Callie.