Convention Panels Include Community (Sony Pictures Television), Grimm (Universal Television), “A Conversation with Bryan Fuller” (Universal Television and Gaumont) and Revolution (Warner Bros. Television)
NBC heads to the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con to showcase Revolution, the new drama from Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk and Jon Favreau, returning series Grimm and Community, and Bryan Fuller, executive producer of the upcoming series Hannibal and the upcoming pilot, Mockingbird Lane. With an ambitious slate of interactive activities on and off-site, NBC looks to engage and entertain Comic-Con goers and enthusiasts.
Following are the network’s 2012 San Diego Comic-Con events and initiatives:
CONVENTION PANELS, AUTOGRAPH SIGNINGS AND NBC’S BLOGGER PARTY
- 10:00-11:00AM, Ballroom 20, Convention Center, Community Q&A (Presented by Sony Pictures Television)
NBC’s critically acclaimed series, Community, returns to Comic-Con for an insightful discussion about the series, a look at the casts’ favorite scenes and a tribute to the fans. Stars Joel McHale (The Soup), Alison Brie (Mad Men), Gillian Jacobs (Seeking a Friend for the End of the World), Danny Pudi (Knights of Badassdom) and Yvette Nicole Brown (House, The Office) are confirmed to participate.
- 11:30-12:30PM, Sony Booth #4229, Convention Center, Community Signing (Presented by Sony Pictures Television)
Stars from Community will be available to sign autographs.
Saturday, July 14
- 11:00-12:00PM, Nerd HQ (Block No. 16 Union and Spirits, 344 Seventh Avenue), Grimm Signing (Presented by Universal Television)
- 12:30-1:15PM, Warner Bros. Booth #4545, Convention Center, Revolution Signing (Presented by Warner Bros. Television)
Stars and producers from “Revolution” will be available to sign autographs.
- 1:00-2:00PM, Room: 7AB, Convention Center, A Conversation with Bryan Fuller (Presented by Universal Television and Gaumont)
Join acclaimed television writer/executive producer Bryan Fuller (Heroes), the creative force behind Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me, for a Q&A with fans as he discusses two of his highly anticipated projects, Hannibal and Mockingbird Lane, both at NBC. In the midseason drama Hannibal, one of the most fascinating literary characters comes to life on television for the first time: psychiatrist-turned-serial-killer, Dr. Hannibal Lecter. The upcoming pilot Mockingbird Lane is an imaginative reinvention of the 1960’s comedy The Munsters.
3:00-4:00PM, Room: 6A, Convention Center, Grimm Q&A/Season 2 Preview (Presented by Universal Television)
Grimm, NBC’s supernatural mythology drama, returns to Comic-Con to kick off its second season packed with chills and revelations. Be among the first to get a glimpse of season two and participate in a Q&A session with the cast and producers: David Giuntoli (Turn the Beat Around), Russell Hornsby (Lincoln Heights), Bitsie Tulloch (The Artist), Silas Weir Mitchell (Prison Break), Reggie Lee (The Dark Knight Rises), Sasha Roiz (Caprica) and Bree Turner (The Ugly Truth) and executive producers/writers Jim Kouf (Angel) and David Greenwalt (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), executive producer/director Norberto Barba (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) and executive producers Sean Hayes (Hot In Cleveland) and Todd Milliner (Hot In Cleveland). Produced by Universal Television and Hazy Mills, Grimm returns late summer on NBC and Grimm Season One will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 7, 2012.
In this epic adventure from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Supernatural‘s Eric Kripke, a family struggles to reunite in an American landscape void of power: a world of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters, where every single piece of technology — computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out forever. Join creator/executive producer Eric Kripke and stars Billy Burke (The Twilight Saga), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human) and J.D. Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2) for a screening and Q&A.
7:30-9:30PM, Hard Rock Cafe, NBC’s 3rd Annual Blogger Party
NBC’s annual invitation-only Blogger Party brings together stars and creators from NBC’s new and returning shows to mingle with the digital network.
NBC takes over Gaslamp Square Park (Fifth Avenue and K Street in the Gaslamp District of Downtown San Diego) to bring the ultimate Grimm and Revolution experience to fans.
- Local restaurant Tin Fish (170 Sixth Avenue) will be transformed into the world of Grimm as lush greenery encompasses the building and its surroundings. Guests can “Grimm their skin” and receive creepy Grimm skin carvings applied by professional theatrical makeup artists. Those who tweet photos of their skin carvings with the hashtag #GRIMM will be entered for a chance to win a Season 1 DVD collection signed by the cast.
- Aunt Marie’s vintage Airstream trailer (replica) is coming to Gaslamp Square Park and fans will be treated to a personalized introduction from Nick and Monroe as they take a tour inside and see authentic props from the series including weapons cabinets, maps, the book of Grimm and more. Upon exit fans will receive a limited edition Grimm comic poster.
- From the trailer take a trip through the Grimm forest and visit the Wesen Monuments for a description of which Wesen to look out for in the forest. Receive a Grimm / Revolution bag if you make it out of the forest.
- Revolution takes over the peninsula tip of Gaslamp Square Park with the actual Ferris wheel from the Revolution pilot, and an abandoned car transformed into a garden. Get a Revolution power button pin and a re-usable water bottle on your trip through “Revolution Village.”
NBC DIGITALThis year, NBC.com will once again go behind-the-scenes at Comic-Con to bring videos, photos and interviews to fans unable to attend. From the convention floor, press rooms and Gaslamp Square Park, NBC.com will be on hand to capture and deliver a comprehensive look at all of NBC’s initiatives for SDCC 2012.
NBC also looks to engage fans via various social media platforms with active updates throughout the duration of Comic-Con on NBC.com, Facebook, Tumblr and YouTube, and by live tweeting during the panels. Beginning today, fans may also submit questions for the casts and producers of Grimm and Revolution via Facebook and Twitter.
For schedules, online exclusive content, interactive features and the latest news about NBC at Comic-Con please visit http://www.nbc.com/comic-con.