Comic Con International sent a email/survey to current badge holders to try to get input from attendees regarding purchasing passes for 2013. There will NOT be any Attendee Pre-Registration for Comic-Con 2013 at the convention, as was done last year. CCI is considering opening online pre-registration for current (2012) attendees after Comic-Con 2012 is over with a possibility of also restricting the number of badges you will be able to purchase. There will be more complaints about this process as well since those that were not able to purchase passes will feel left out of this ability to give their own input. Unfair? Yes. It does not seem that this was well thought out. Is there room for improvement? Yes. Will your input be considered? Perhaps.
The only good news from all of this is that everyone can enjoy the rest of the convention without waiting in a line to purchase passes. So, it would seem the other lines at Comic-Con will be just that much longer though. With a crowd that seems to get larger every year, being able to attend the convention does not rely solely on your personal availability and/or the size of your bank account. It just relies on shear luck at this point. Any comments are welcome and GOOD LUCK to everyone!
As a Comic-Con 2012 registered attendee you are receiving this email. We hope you will agree to take a quick survey (8 questions) that could help us
better serve you in terms of future registration. Below is a link to the survey
which will be conducted on our vendor’s website at SurveyGizmo. The survey will
be open until midnight Friday, May 25, 2012 Pacific Time (PT).
Please do NOT forward this link. If you do, other people will overwrite your data. Thank you in advance for your anticipated help and for being an active part of Comic-Con International.
This message was sent by Comic-Con International, San Diego, CA 92112-8458.
You are receiving this email because you have signed up for a Comic-Con Member ID.
In an effort to better accommodate and understand the needs of our attendees Comic-Con has, from time to time, conducted audience feedback surveys. In the past, this has been done onsite on a one-on-one basis. The new Comic-Con Member ID system now allows us to conduct these surveys online and potentially use a wider test audience.
Receiving your input will better assist us in trying to find the best way to face the challenges of having a popular show for which there are more people who want to attend than we have badges to accommodate. By taking part in this survey you will become an active partner in helping Comic-Con meet the needs of our attendees and help to provide a better experience for all.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This survey is being distributed only to current 2012 badge holders.
Because of the sheer number of people who wanted to register at the show for the following year, we had to move 2012 pre-registration off-site to accommodate the lines of people and allow space for additional registration equipment.
Our plan in 2011, to have the pre-registration area open only until 11:00am each day or until the allotment of badges had been sold, was an effort to allow people to enjoy the show and not have to spend the entire day in line for badges. Unfortunately, even with these changes and a larger facility we could not accommodate every attendee who wanted to purchase a badge for Comic-Con 2012, and we did not avoid having a long line of people waiting to purchase those badges.
Comic-Con has decided to not offer on-site pre-registration for the 2013 show.
Instead, we plan to offer those who attend Comic-Con 2012 a special opportunity to purchase a 2013 badge after Comic-Con.
Answering the questions below will help us find the best solution to facilitate this process. Thank you for your cooperation and your assistance and for being an active part of Comic-Con International.
- I like the idea of having some type of pre-registration sale limited only to people who attended in 2012.
- I like the idea of a Traditional Online Sale for Comic-Con 2013 badges, where only those people with a 2012 badge could participate.Traditional Online Sale – the general online sale which has been used for the bulk of the badge sales in past few years.
- I like the idea of a Limited Drawing for Comic-Con 2013 badges, where only those with a 2012 badge could participate.
- What number of total Comic-Con 2013 badges should we allocate for pre-registration to 2012 badge holders?I think those with a Comic-Con 2012 badge should be allowed to purchase badges for friends and family who ALSO attended Comic-Con in 2012.
- How many people should they be allowed to buy badges for (other than their own badge)
- I think those with a Comic-Con 2012 badge should be allowed to purchase badges for friends and family who DID NOT attend Comic-Con in 2012
- Did you pre-register for a Comic-Con 2012 badge at the 2011 show?
- Have you pre-registered on-site in any year before 2011?