- Products preordered at the SQUARE ENIX Online Store will be shipped to your provided address, and are not available for onsite pick-up at SDCC 2013.
- Products will not be shipped until July 17th 2013 (Day 1 of SDCC 2013).
- Batman figure comes with alternate sets of hands, various weapons, and a display stand.
- Release: SAN DIEGO COMIC CON (JULY 2013)
Specs: PVC Action Figure
Package: Window Box
Figure Size: 10.0” Tall
Package Size: W23 cm x D13 cm x H30 cm
The Dark Knight Rises movie is the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy. Celebrating the launch of this highly expected The Dark Knight Rises movie, Hot Toys is proud to present the movie-accurate 1/4th scale Batman Collectible Figure from this movie.
The Batman collectible is newly developed and highly detailed, specially crafted based on the image of Christian Bale as the iconic character Batman, highlighting the movie-accurate head sculpt, Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) on Batman’s head, specially made fabric costume with armor based on the costume design in the movie, weapons and specially made figure stand imitating the movie scene.
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Batman in The Dark Knight Rises movie
- Approximately 18.5 inches / 47 cm tall
- Three (3) interchangeable heads including:
- One (1) Batman head with patented Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS)
- One (1) alternate Batman head featuring the sonar vision device with light-up eyes (button cells operated)
- Three (3) interchangeable lower part of faces capturing his classic facial expressions, which fit for both functional heads mentioned above
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the movie with accurate facial expression, detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Batman body with over 32 points of articulation
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable gloved palms including:
One (1) pair of fists
One (1) right relaxed palm
One (1) left open palm
One (1) right palm for holding grapnel gun
One(1) left half open palm
- One (1) newly developed complex Batsuit featuring fabric costume covered with armor
- One (1) cape
- One (1) utility belt with buckle with partial die cast feature and accessories
- One (1) pair of forearm gauntlets
- One (1) pair of black boots
- One (1) grapnel gun
- One (1) transformable sticky bomb gun with partial die cast feature
- One (1) functional ultrasonic cutter
- One (1) functional radiation detector
- One (1) light-up EMP gun (button cells operated)
- Three (3) batarangs with partial die cast feature
- One (1) miniature mine
- One (1) flight pack
- One (1) figure stand imitating the movie scene with the masks of Bane, Joker and Scarecrow, as well as the movie logo
- One (1) 1/4th scale Batman mask
(This special edition is for selected markets only.)
- Head Sculpted by Kojun & Kim Yong Kyum
- Head Painted by JC.HONG
- Head Art Directed by Kojun
**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible, button cells are required
Release date: Q1, 2013
via Hot Toys
The Ani-Com & Games Hong Kong event is going on NOW!
This year, the Hot Toys booth is again decorated as the Hot Toys Theatre featuring the classic superhero thematic scenes and showcasing the specially designed dioramas of The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers with the latest figures series unveiled!
Three Special Edition Collectible Figures will be first available for pre-order at the Ani-Com & Games Hong Kong event starting tomorrow, where fans can get a complimentary exclusive bonus accessory upon pre-ordering there!
- For pre-order of The Avengers: 1/6th scale Mark VII Limited Edition Collectible Figurine, fans can get a bonus Holographic Mark VII collectible (approximately 3 inches tall)
- For pre-order of The Dark Knight Rises: 1/4th scale Batman Collectible Figure, fans can obtain a complimentary 1/4th scale Batman mask
- For pre-order of The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure, fans can get an additional 1/4th scale Plasma Rifle
Fans can visit the Hot Toys booth at booth number F18!
via Hot Toys Press Release
Last night, a gunman killed 12 (confirmed) people at a Colorado opening of The Dark Knight Rises. He wore a gas mask and released an unknown gas into the crowd and opened fire upon them. Several people were killed and 50 were injured. Due to this, the premiere of The Dark Knight Rises scheduled for Friday in Paris has been canceled as well. The gunman is James Holmes, a student who dropped out of the University of Colorado Medical School last month! A total of 71 persons were shot by the suspect.
Let’s remember the following people in this tragedy…
- John Blunk, 26
- AJ Boik, 18
- Air Force Staff Sgt. Jesse E. Childress, 29
- Gordon W. Cowden, 51
- Jessica Ghawi, 24
- John Larimer USN, 27
- Matt McQuinn, 27
- Micayla Medek, 23
- Veronica Moser-Sullivan, 6
- Alex Sullivan, 27
- Alexander Teves, 24
- Rebecca Ann Wingo, 32
I just want to say that my thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and families of the shooting at the Century 16 movie theater in Colorado. (Gunman kills 12 at ‘Dark Knight Rises’ screening in Colorado) (images from ABC)
Warner Bros. Studios Official Statement
“Warner Bros. is deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident. We extend our sincere sympathies to the families and loved ones of the victims at this tragic time.”
The following is a statement by director Christopher Nolan about the tragic events that happened in Aurora, Colorado.
Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community.
I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime.
The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me.
Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families.
President Obama has issued a proclamation that orders flags to fly at half-staff from now until sunset on Wednesday.
“As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on July 20, 2012, in Aurora, Colorado, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, July 25, 2012. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.”
Too sad at the moment to comment.
So u telling me I can’t even feel safe at the movies now!!? SMH. My prayers goes out to all the families involved in Aurora, Colorado.
Its just not fair that innocent people have to lose their lives over someone’s selfish stupidity acts! My stomach is hurting over this
Paul and Storm
Our thoughts are with you, Colorado.
Long Beach Comic Con
Really sad. Our prayers go out to the victims and their families. fb.me/29lzRYcV5
In view of the popularity of the Bat-pod collectible from The Dark Knight movie, Hot Toys is proud to present the Bat-pod collectible from the upcoming superhero blockbuster The Dark Knight Rises, which is the sequel to Batman Begins (2005) and The Dark Knight (2008), featuring the likeness and details of the Bat-pod from The Dark Knight Rises movie.
- Authentically detailed 1/6th scale collectible
- Perfect scale to Hot Toys’ 1/6th scale collectible figures from The Dark Knight Rises movie
- Headlights light-up function
- Right weapon features Machine Gun, Grappling Hook and Wheel with Hub-Mounted Engines
- Batteries not included for collectible, 2 AAA batteries are required
The Tumbler and the Bat-Pod are touring across North America. Missing on the list is San Diego! More specifically San Diego Comic-Con 2012! Hopefully this will be added to The Tumbler Tour in the future! Check the list of stops below to see if the Dark Knight’s wheels will be coming to a town near you. More stops are scheduled to be added so be sure to look for updates. We can expect something about The Dark Knight Rises at Comic-Con, right? Let your thoughts be known and tweet to @TumblerTour!
Make sure to take some pictures as they may be featured in their gallery. Tweet your pics to #TumblerTour or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5/12 Bentonville, AR
5/15 Tulsa, OK
5/19 Overland Park, KS
5/21 Kansas City, MO
5/25 Chicago, IL
5/27 Washington, DC
5/28 Baltimore, MD
5/30 Philadelphia, PA
6/1 Buffalo, NY
6/7 Toronto Canada
6/10 Montreal Canada
6/12 Purchase, NY
6/13 Columbus, OH
6/15 Lansing, MI
6/16 Detroit, MI
6/17 Brooklyn, MI
6/19 Indianapolis, IN
6/21 Nashville, TN
6/22 Knoxville, TN
6/23 Atlanta, GA
6/25 Dallas, TX
6/27 San Antonio, TX
6/29 El Paso, TX
7/1 Albuquerque, NM
7/2 Phoenix, AZ
7/7 Los Angeles, CA
Warner Bros. has released the first pic of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman / Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises. This costume is definitely more practical than the previous costumes worn by Michelle Pfeiffer or Halle Berry. Her costume doesn’t seem to have any type of mask, ears, etc. Oh well, not a really good disguise if you ask me.
Anne’s outfit is more tactical, like the comic book, than the previous Batman movies. She will definitely be wearing the goggles and it’s going to be less sexy than Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman costumes. She’s going to look more like a robber….But fan boys shouldn’t be worried. This costume is going to be form-fitting enough to make Anne look smoking hot….Everything from the looks in her eyes, her head movements, her body–everything is so feline.
This photo below has Catwoman on a motorbike, which is similar to previous ones used by Batman! They must go to the same dealer.
Here is the teaser poster for The Dark Knight Rises!
Also Known As: Return of the Dark Knight
Release Date: July 20, 2012
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Christopher Nolan
Screenwriter: David Goyer, Jonathan Nolan
Starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Juno Temple, Josh Pence, Daniel Sunjata, Nestor Carbonell, Matthew Modine, Tom Conti, Joey King, Brett Cullen, Chris Ellis, Josh Stewart
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama
Official Website: TheDarkKnightRises.com
Plot Summary: Christian Bale returns as Batman to battle Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.