Six months after the events of Underworld: Evolution, Selene (Kate Beckinsale) was captured by humans. Eventually both government officials and the public learn about the existence of the two immortal species of Vampires and Lycans (Werewolves). A crusade and all-out war has begun: study and eradicate. After being imprisoned in cryogenic suspension for 12 years, Selene manages to escape the facility. During the same time, another subject has also escaped the same facility that Selene was in. That subject was Eve (India Eisley), a hybrid who is the key to ending the war.
Spike TV is taking its hunt for the Deadliest Warrior to San Diego Comic-Con. The network announced today its plans for the Deadliest Warrior – Vampires Vs. Zombies panel on Thursday, July 21 from 10:00 – 11:00 AM, the launch of a new “Deadliest Warrior” augmented reality mobile app available on iPhones and iPads beginning Thursday, July 21 and a hosted video game tournament at the Spike TV Booth for its new “Deadliest Warrior: Legends” game. During Comic-Con, Spike will also host an autograph signing with TNA wrestlers Kurt Angle and Mickie James on Friday, July 22 and Saturday, July 23 at 1:00PM and 3:00PM, respectively, at Booth #3945.
- Thursday, July 21: “Deadliest Warrior – Vampires Vs. Zombies” panel (Room 25ABC) 10:00 -11:00AM – Panel Features WES CRAVEN (“Scream,” “Nightmare on Elm Street”), MAX BROOKS (Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z), STEVE NILES (30 Days of Night), RICHARD “MACK” MACHOWICZ (“Deadliest Warrior” host), DR. ARMAND DORIAN (“Deadliest Warrior” host), RASHA DRACHKOVITCH (“Deadliest Warrior” executive producer), ROBERT DALY (“Deadliest Warrior”) and moderator GEOFF BOUCHER (LA Times writer, HeroComplex.com founder) Vampires and Zombies have terrorized and tantalized their way through pop culture for decades – from “Dracula” to the “Twilight Saga” to “Walking Dead.” SPIKE TV and its “DEADLIEST WARRIOR” franchise are going to finally answer the question – which of these mythical creatures would come out on top in a fight to the finish? “DEADLIEST WARRIOR” steps outside the confines of history for this groundbreaking fantasy episode destined to rouse heated debates amongst fans in the blogosphere for months. The special episode features an array of icons of film and fiction who are authorities on the topic. Through these expert interviews, scientific tests and careful analysis, it will be determined who would win in a battle to the death between these two iconic groups, Zombies and Vampires. The “DEADLIEST WARRIOR ” team of Richard “Mack” Machowicz, Dr. Armand Dorian, Rasha Drachkovitch, Robert Daly and special guests Wes Craven, Max Brooks and Steve Niles will be on hand for this special Comic-Con panel to make their case for who is, indeed, the fiercest. Acclaimed Los Angeles Times writer and HeroComplex.com founder Geoff Boucher will serve as moderator.
- Thursday, July 21: “Deadliest Warrior” Virtual Mobile Scavenger Hunt. Spike TV has partnered with GoldRun to allow Comic-Con attendees to interact with various augmented reality (AR) warriors. Throughout Comic-Con, attendees will get to enter the world of “Deadliest Warrior.” Fans will get to hunt and capture the series warriors during the “Deadliest Warrior” Scavenger Hunt. Users are encouraged to take a picture with the warriors and upload them to the Warrior’s Den Facebook page.
- “Faceoff” – Attendees to the Spike TV booth will get the opportunity to “Conquer Warriors” by striking a fighting pose with the AR character. A new warrior will be released each day (Joan Of Arc, George Washington and Ghengis Kahn). Designated iPads will stream the action to the booth’s monitors. Players will be prompted to upload these photos to their Facebook profiles as well as the Warrior’s Den Facebook page.
- “Warrior’s Wardrobe” – Through this portion of the application, participants at the Spike TV booth can become George Washington or Ghengis Kahn by taking a picture of themselves with virtual props: George Washington’s wig and tricorn hat or Ghengis Kahn’s helmet. A slideshow of the best images rotate on the monitors at the Spike TV booth.
- “Vampires vs Zombies Face-off” – this component of the app allows Comic-Con attendees to take photos of zombies, vampires, floating body parts and animated blood at the “Deadliest Warrior” panel. Players can then present their pictures for exclusive giveaways at the Spike TV booth.
- Thursday, July 21 – Sunday, July 24 – “Deadliest Warrior: Legends” Video Game Tournament. Throughout Comic-Con, fans can swing by the Spike TV booth to play the recently launched “Deadliest Warrior” video game. Attendees can put their metal where their mouths are and battle the fiercest warriors in history with all new weapons, interactive environments, hand-to-hand combat and new finishing moves. Prizes include DVDs, t-shirts, posters and more.
- Friday, July 22 and Saturday, July 23 – TNA Wrestler Autograph Signing at Spike Booth #3945. Kurt Angle will sign autographs on Friday, July 22 at 1:00PM. Mickie James will sign autographs on Saturday, July 23 at 3:00PM.
“Deadliest Warrior” returns with 10 one-hour episodes on a new night with more unprecedented matchups, including the first female warrior and first fantasy matchup, beginning Wednesday, July 20 (10-11PM, ET/PT) on Spike TV.
“Deadliest Warrior” is produced by 44 Blue Productions, Inc. with Rasha Drachkovitch and Tim Warren serving as executive producers. Sharon Levy, Tim Duffy and Jeff Savaiano are Spike TV’s executives in charge of production.
Spike TV is available in 99.6 million homes and is a division of MTV Networks. A unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), MTV Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV’s Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV’s press site at http://www.spike.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
Spike TV announced today a special episode presentation of “Deadliest Warrior,” which pits Vampires vs. Zombies, set to air Summer 2011. Vampires and Zombies have terrorized and tantalized their way through pop culture for decades – from “Dracula” to the “Twilight Saga” to “Walking Dead.” Spike TV and the 3rd season of the “Deadliest Warrior” hit franchise are going to finally answer the question – which of these mythical creatures would come out on top in a fight to the finish?
“Deadliest Warrior” steps outside the confines of history for a special fantasy episode featuring an array of icons from film and fiction who are experts on the topic. Experts representing Team Zombie and Team Vampire will join the “Deadliest Warrior” team of Richard “Mack” Machowicz, Geoff Desmoulin and Dr. Armand Dorian to make their case for who is, indeed, the fiercest.
The guest star experts include Max Brooks (“World War Z”), Steve Niles (“30 Days of Night”), Scott Bowen (“Vampire Survival Guide”) and Matt Mogk (founder of the Zombie Research Society).
“Deadliest Warrior – Vampires Vs. Zombies” Panel
- Wes Craven (“Scream,” “Nightmare on Elm Street”)
- Max Brooks (“Zombie Survival Guide”, “World War Z”)
- Steve Niles (“30 Days of Night”)
- Richard “Mack” Machowicz (“Deadliest Warrior” host)
- Dr. Armand Dorian (“Deadliest Warrior” host)
- Rasha Drachkovitch (“Deadliest Warrior” executive producer)
- Robert Daly (“Deadliest Warrior”)
Moderator: Geoff Boucher (LA Times writer, HeroComplex.com founder)
Date / Time: Thursday, July 21 from 10am to 11am
Location: Room 25ABC
Via Spike TV Press Release
Dylan Dog: Dead of Night is a new horror/comedy film based on one of the world’s most popular comics. Brandon Routh stars as Dylan Dog, world famous private investigator specializing in affairs of the undead. His PI business card reads “No Pulse? No Problem.” Armed with an edgy wit and carrying an arsenal of silver and wood-tipped bullets, Dylan must track down a dangerous artifact before a war ensues between his werewolf, vampire and zombie clients living undercover in the monster infested backstreets of New Orleans.
Unfortunately, I’ve read a ton of reviews from Italy and the fans are NOT happy. First off, they don’t understand why Dylan’s sidekick, Groucho Marx, is NOT in the movie. Xarabas, Dylan’s father is not in the movie either as one pointed out. The Italian fans also suggest that we read the comics and see their point of view. Not having the movie set in London also threw them for a loop, even though some fans understand it was probably due to trying to stay within budget.
Even after reading these comments, I think I’ll try to go watch this movie. I can see their point of view as it is one of their iconic characters in their country. Anyone else want to go? It looks like a corny but fun movie. It’s funny enough to see Sam Huntington in it. I think he does a fine job in Syfy’s Being Human, and think he’ll do well here as well.